Activities include a Farmers Market and First Saturday vendors, a craft station, the Ridgefield Art Association’s Spring Art Show, live music, a Maypole Dance and cake pops
RIDGEFIELD – Area residents are invited to celebrate Ridgefield First Saturdays and the onset of Spring at a Spring Festival Sat., May 7 in downtown Ridgefield.
Organizers will usher in a fresh new season with a Farmers Market and First Saturday vendors, a craft station, the Ridgefield Art Association’s Spring Art Show, live music, a Maypole
Dance and cake pops.
While the event is centered at Overlook Park, the activities will be spread around Downtown Ridgefield with the Ridgefield Garden Club Plant Sale at Abrams Park, an evening performance from Spanish Blues Guitarist Claude Bourbon at Old Liberty Theater, and special promotions at Downtown businesses and restaurants.
9 a.m.-2 p.m. – Overlook Park Activities
• Ridgefield Farmers Market and First Saturday vendors – Ridgefield Farmers Market and First Saturday vendors will be set up selling local produce, artisan goods, and more at Overlook Park from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Craft Station – Come make a Pool Noodle Pony and a Flower Crown. All supplies and instructions provided at this Make and Take craft station. While supplies last.
• RAA Art Show – The Ridgefield Art Association’s annual Spring Art Show is taking place at Overlook Park from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m. – Live Music: Kit Garoutte – Singer/songwriter and “fingerstyle” guitarist performing a variety of familiar favorites along with some original music.
• 11:30 a.m. – Maypole Dance – The traditional Maypole dance by DanceFusion NW will be at Overlook Park at 11:30 a.m.
• Noon – Anniversary Cake Pops – Celebrate the Anniversary of Ridgefield First Saturdays by enjoying a cake pop. Cake pops are free while supplies last beginning at noon.
• 9 a.m.-2 p.m. – Garden Club Plant Sale at Abrams Park. The annual Ridgefield Garden Club Plant Sale will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Bennett Hall at Abrams Park.
• 7:30 p.m. – Claude Bourbon, Spanish Blues Guitarist at Old Liberty Theater
Claude Bourbon is a widely recognized guitarist who has been known for his ability to combine a wide variation of musical traditions from around the globe. Showtime 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. Click here to learn more or buy tickets.