Yacolt resident Ronda Knapp arrested on a charge of vehicular homicide for the collision that claimed the life of Steven Woolsey
After an investigation conducted by the Clark County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit, Ronda Knapp was arrested on a charge of vehicular homicide and booked into the Clark County Jail Tuesday.
On Feb. 4 at approximately 9:08 p.m., Clark County Sheriff’s deputies responded with Clark County Fire Districts 3 and 13 and with North Country EMS ambulance, to a single vehicle serious injury collision in the 26700 block of NE Lucia Falls Rd. in Yacolt.
Deputies determined a 2000 Toyota Tacoma was being operated eastbound on NE Lucia Falls Rd by the 48-year-old Knapp and occupied by right front passenger 51-year-old Steven Woolsey, both from Yacolt.
The Toyota exited the roadway to the south and struck several trees. Knapp and Woolsey had to be extricated from the Toyota by rescue personnel.
Despite lifesaving efforts, Woolsey died at the scene. Knapp sustained serious but non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Speed and alcohol were contributing factors in the collision.
Information provided by Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
- WAGOP files ethics complaint against WA Secretary of State Steve HobbsThe Washington State Republican Party has filed a complaint with the Washington State Executive Ethics Board against Washington Secretary of State Steve Hobbs for using taxpayers’ money to surveil critics.
- City of Vancouver to host community forum on the future of housingThe city of Vancouver invites community members to join City and State Department of Commerce staff to learn more about and discuss the future of housing in Vancouver.
- Dec. 13 open house to gather community input about three draft concepts for future Minnehaha neighborhood parkClark County Public Works, Parks and Lands division is hosting an open house about the future Minnehaha neighborhood park, 6-8 p.m. Wed., Dec. 13.
- Amtrak Cascades adds two more daily round trips starting Dec. 11Just in time for the holidays, WSDOT and ODOT are starting two additional Amtrak Cascades daily roundtrips between Seattle and Portland.
- Study: WA Supreme Court analysis finds progressive domination of donations, decisionsA Ballotpedia analysis of Washington State Supreme Court candidate campaign finance and court case outcomes between 2013 and 2022 shows that progressive candidates and causes dominate in the Evergreen state.
- Opinion: Three keys to making sure regulations don’t suffocate citizens and the economyChris Cargill of the Mountain States Policy Center explains that whether they are at the local, state or federal level, all laws and regulations have a cost.
- Opinion: 2024 – A year for political actionNancy Churchill points out that everyday Washingtonians are experiencing runaway inflation coupled with rapidly rising taxes.