A residence was struck by at least one round; no injuries reported in association with the incident
A Vancouver residence was struck by a bullet during a drive-by shooting incident Saturday.
On Saturday (Feb. 25) at about 11:11 p.m., Clark County Sheriff’s Office patrol was dispatched to numerous reports of gunshots heard in the area of NE 66th Ave and NE 52nd St.
Multiple callers reported hearing between five and 10 gunshots and the sound of a vehicle leaving westbound on NE 52nd St. Responding deputies located approximately nine casings on NE 52nd St., just east of NE 66th Ave. It was discovered a residence had been struck by at least one round.
There were no injuries reported in association with this incident. This case is being actively investigated at this time.
Information provided by Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
- High School Baseball: Clark County All-Stars shine for most of the nightSeniors from local high schools gathered in Ridgefield on Tuesday for the annual Clark County Senior All-Star Baseball series, and then coaches voted for the county’s nominees to the all-state series later this month.
- Opinion: State’s income tax windfall isn’t needed – public schools have plenty of moneyLiv Finne states that in Washington, ‘fully funding the schools’ means funding the interests of powerful unions, bureaucracies, and feeding ever-growing amounts of tax money into an increasingly unpopular monopoly system.
- Washington state predicts U.S. economic ‘slowdown,’ not recessionWashington state forecasts a slowdown in the U.S. economy, predicting lower GDP growth, higher unemployment rates, and decreasing oil prices in the coming years.
- Opinion: The debt-limit deal is a bust!Speaker Kevin McCarthy criticized for selling out conservatives in debt-ceiling deal and failing to include spending cuts, prompting calls for Republicans to vote against the Biden/McCarthy agreement.
- Ridgefield School District hires new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle SchoolJennifer Johnson, highly experienced educator and interim assistant principal at Columbia River High School, has been hired as the new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle School in the Ridgefield School District, bringing her expertise and leadership to support the district’s learning community.
- Night time delays for guardrail installation on southbound I-5 in Woodland, May 31Travelers returning home from the extended weekend should expect nightly lane closures on southbound Interstate 5 in Woodland as a new guardrail is installed for improved safety.
- Sheriff John Horch invites area residents to second community forumClark County Sheriff John Horch invites residents to a community forum discussing crime trends, agency updates, and future initiatives, offering an opportunity to ask questions and engage with the sheriff’s leadership team.