As one of the lead attorneys, McKenna provided details on why the capital gains income tax is unconstitutional in Washington
Washington Policy Center
Former Attorney General Rob McKenna joined the Washington Policy Center today (Wed., Jan. 4) for a webinar on the capital gains income tax litigation.
As one of the lead attorneys, McKenna provided details on why the capital gains income tax is unconstitutional in Washington and previewed some of the legal issues the state Supreme Court will consider during the January 26, 2023 oral arguments.
Here is the webinar:
- Vancouver Police make arrest in double homicide investigationThe Vancouver Police Department arrested Kirkland C. Warren Friday and charged him with two counts of Murder I in the investigation of the deaths of 27-year-old Meshay Melendez and her 7-year-old daughter Layla Stewart.
- Area residents turn out for Town Hall meetingDistrict 2 Councilor Michelle Belkot and Clark County Sheriff John Horch address issues facing Clark County residents.
- Opinion: Despite record revenues and being the only state in the nation not giving broad tax relief, Washington House Democrats are considering increasing taxesMark Harmsworth of the Washington Policy Center believes House Bill 1628 will not solve housing affordability in either the ownership, rental or commercial real estate markets.
- Public invited to Shangri-La Farm for a country-style Easter egg hunt Sat., April 8Local artist and Clark County Master Gardener Liz Pike is organizing the second annual community Easter egg hunt at her organic Shangri-La Farm in Fern Prairie on Sat., April 8.
- Opinion: The state legislature may soon significantly reduce classroom instruction time for studentsLiv Finne of the Washington Policy Center states the legislation may be great for the teacher’s union, but it will deprive many of Washington’s school children of the quality public education they’ve been promised.
- County to host corrections officer career open house on April 19Clark County Jail Services and Human Resources staff will hold an information open house for individuals interested in a career as a corrections officer.
- Free online workshops promote composting and sustainable living strategiesClark County’s Composter Recycler program is offering a series of free online workshops about composting and sustainable living strategies.