Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, and then found the body of an occupant inside the room
An early morning fire resulted in a death investigation Saturday (Dec. 9) in the Salmon Creek neighborhood.
Firefighters with Clark County Fire District 6 were called to the Inn at Salmon Creek, located at 11901 NE Highway 99 in Vancouver, shortly before 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning for a report of fire in a room. When crews arrived at the scene, there was no smoke on the outside of the motel, however there was fire in one of the rooms.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, and then found the body of an occupant inside the room. At that point the Clark County Medical Examiner was called to determine the identification of the person and cause of death.
The Clark County Fire Marshal’s Office was also contacted to determine the cause of the fire.
Information provided by Clark Co. Fire District 6.
- State basketball: Ridgefield celebrates its new culture, and will be going to YakimaRidgefield girls, Camas boys score big wins in elimination games, Columbia River girls are still alive, but seasons end for Skyview girls and Seton Catholic girls at state regional basketball games Friday night.
- WA Dems signal passage for three initiatives getting hearings next weekWashington state Democrats have signaled a willingness to pass three initiatives to the Legislature scheduled for public hearings next week.
- Opinion: House Bill 1893 – Getting unemployment benefits to striking workers is a top priority for WSLCElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center asks if concerns from business and everyday Washingtonians will be enough to compete with labor-solicited communications and rallies?
- K-12 education, public safety lead list of changes made in supplemental budget adopted by SenateBy a strongly bipartisan 45-4 vote, the Senate today (Feb. 23) adopted a supplemental operating budget that would make important investments in K-12 education and public safety without requiring any tax increases.
- Person involved in officer-involved shooting identifiedThe Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office has identified 53-year-old Jonathan Gale as the person who died in the Feb. 20 shooting.
- Vancouver Fire extinguishes high-rise fire at Smith TowerAt 10:25 a.m. Friday, the Vancouver Fire Department was dispatched to the report of a high-rise fire in the Smith Tower apartments at 515 Washington St. in downtown Vancouver.
- Washougal church offers biblical worldview conference on March 2Bethel Community Church in Washougal is hosting a ‘Biblical Way Forward’ conference, featuring Dr. Del Tackett, on March 2.