‘Wants and needs to satisfy his rabid, ravenous base of pro-abortion fanatics’
WND News Center
Joe Biden on Friday surrounded himself with abortion fans, including those representing the extreme perspective such as Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra, to sign his executive order, demanded by Democrats, that claims to protect access to abortion nationwide.
Biden claimed to be acting on behalf of a 10-year-old rape victim who “was forced to have to travel out of state to Indiana to seek to terminate the pregnancy and maybe save her life.”
The order mostly puts in writing what his pro-abortion administration already has schemed to do, including Justice Department efforts to assure women can travel across state lines for abortions.
ABC reported the order also “addresses the elevated risks for patients, providers and clinics, which includes efforts to protect mobile clinics that have been deployed to state borders to offer care for out-of-state patients.”
Abortion extremists in Congress even have demanded that the federal government set up abortion businesses on federal property, such as Yellowstone National Park and the Mount Rushmore monument, to provide abortions.
The White House said Biden is directing Attorney General Merrick Garland and the White House counsel to convene volunteer lawyers and organizations to “encourage robust legal representation of patients, providers, and third parties lawfully seeking or offering reproductive health care services throughout the country.”
Of course the point is that in many states there are severe restrictions, or even bans.
A commentary posted at PJMedia explains Biden’s actions essentially are “meaningless,” after the U.S. Supreme Court overruled the faulty Roe v. Wade entirely and returned regulation of abortion to the states, where restrictions already have caused dozens of abortion businesses to shut down — or move.
The commentary said, “Joe Biden wants and needs to satisfy his rabid, ravenous base of pro-abortion fanatics by expanding access to the procedure and allowing more women to kill their unborn babies. Unfortunately for him, there’s a little thing called the Constitution of the United States that’s standing in his way.”
It continued, “The entire radical left of the Democratic Party has become unhinged. They have suggested all kinds of ludicrous alternatives, like building abortion clinics on federal lands or allowing a ‘carveout’ for the filibuster to force a vote on making abortion legal nationwide. … An abortion clinic on a military base, for example, would still leave doctors, women, and anyone who assists in an abortion open to criminal charges in states that outlaw abortion. As for a filibuster carveout, there aren’t even 50 Democratic votes in the Senate for a law that would legalize abortion nationwide.”
The editorial noted many of the “tricks” Biden has up his sleeve could end up being challenged in court.
The expectations were that Biden would try to fight state rules about traveling across state lines for abortions, tell agencies to “educate” medical providers about sharing patient information, and have the FTC protect the privacy of those seeking information about abortions. Biden also is promoting mail order abortions.
The commentary said, “Biden and the Democrats are still trying to use the rage of women on the abortion issue as a gimmick to get out the vote.”
Jeanne Mancini, president of March for Life, noted, “It is tragic that this administration is using its power to push for more and more painful abortions which harm women and take innocent lives. Of particular concern is the administration’s effort to push chemical abortion which carries significant health risks to women, even more than surgical abortion. Our nation today faces significant challenges, not enough abortion is not one of them.”
Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of SBA Pro-Life America, added, “Long gone is the Democratic Party of ‘safe, legal, and rare.’ President Biden has once again caved to the extreme abortion lobby, determined to put the full weight of the federal government behind promoting abortion.
“Democrats will stop at nothing to promote their agenda of abortion on demand, up until the moment of birth, paid for by the taxpayers – including dangerous mail-order abortion drugs — even if it means gutting the long-standing filibuster, increasing the size of the Supreme Court, or putting abortionists in tents in national parks. We are committed to exposing Democrats’ abortion extremism to voters across key battleground states so this extreme agenda can be soundly rejected at the ballot box this November”
Her organization noted a new poll found 72% of voters support a limit on abortions after 15 weeks, and nearly half support limits after six weeks.
“Biden’s taxpayer-funded, abortion on-demand agenda is a reminder that Democrats are out of touch with the American people, the overwhelming majority of whom support limits on abortion. These latest actions today only further prove how radical Biden and the Democrats have become. Republicans know life matters, and so does your vote in November,” explained Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.
ABC said Democrats have been demanding action from Biden, who had limited options.
The report said Biden believes ultimately it’s up to Congress to write a law allowing women to kill their unborn children.
However, Democrats fall far short of the number of votes they would need to do that.
- Letter: ‘The (Vancouver School) district ignored or broke numerous rules to enforce the governor’s emergency mask rule’Brush Prairie resident Bill Eling outlines examples of Vancouver Public Schools’ ‘missteps’ in a lawsuit against a parent of a Skyview High School student.
- Informed Choice Washington assists lawmakers with writing of companion billsInformed Choice Washington assists lawmakers with writing of companion bills. The intent of the bills is to make sure public health officials are not overextending their promotional messaging.
- New Heritage football coach in it for the long haulKevin Peterson, named the head coach, promises to bring stability to Heritage High School’s football program, hoping to remain with the program until the day he retires from teaching.
- Capital gains tax has its day in Washington’s highest courtLast March, Douglas County Superior Court Judge Brian Huber ruled the tax was “properly characterized as an income tax … rather than as an excise tax as argued by the State” and struck it down.
- Biden’s National Security Council met with CDC over COVID ‘disinfo’President Joe Biden’s National Security Council meetings with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about COVID-19 disinformation in 2021, according to documents obtained in an America First Legal lawsuit.
- Columbia Play Project board chair seeking to fill the void with a children’s museum in Clark CountyThe Columbia Play Project was officially started in October of 2020 after a nine-month delay due to the pandemic. The long-term goal (and third phase) of the organization is to build a permanent, brick and mortar children’s museum in Clark County. Photo courtesy Leah Anaya
- POLL: Do you support legislation that would lengthen the school year one week to address student learning loss during the COVID-19 pandemic?Do you support legislation that would lengthen the school year one week to address student learning loss during the COVID-19 pandemic?