Took in nearly $1 million from ‘global nonprofits’
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Director Anthony Fauci and his wife saw a net worth increase of $5 million during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to an analysis by a government watchdog group.
Between Jan. 1, 2019 and Dec. 31, 2021, the Faucis expanded their net worth from $7.6 million to more than $12.6 million, according to OpenTheBooks’ Wednesday analysis of the 81-year-old retiring NIAID director’s financial disclosures. The director was the highest paid federal employee in both 2021 and 2022, earning $456,000 per year and $480,000 per year, respectively, the analysis noted.
Fauci and his wife Christine Grady, chief bioethicist at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), in 2021 reaped $900,000 in investment portfolio gains combined and roughly $800,000 in 2020 gains, according to OpenTheBooks’ analysis, Their combined net worth increase was the result of salary increases, royalties and cash awards, according to the analysis.
The Faucis’ funds were disclosed in a combination of college education accounts, mutual funds, as well as retirement and trust accounts, the watchdog found. The couple put over $1.3 million into savings in 2020 and 2021, according to the watchdog.
Dr. Fauci also notably earned roughly $1 million in prizes from global nonprofits, the watchdog found, including Tel Aviv University’s Dan David Prize for those who are “speaking truth to power” and “defending science” in 2021 while serving under former President Donald Trump.
OpenTheBooks obtained the director’s 2021 filing after filing four lawsuits with NIH, the agency that oversees NIAID, and Republican Kansas Sen. Roger Marshall previously obtained the director’s 2019 and 2020 disclosures.
NIAID did not respond to the DCNF’s request for comment, nor did NIH.
This story originally was published by the Daily Caller News Foundation.
- Another cardiologist calls for halt to COVID shotsAn Australian cardiologist has called for halting the use of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 mRNA vaccines after seeing a rise in heart conditions he believes are caused by the shots.
- Rulemaking is final, but authority to require a vaccine still unclearElizabeth Hovde of the Washington Policy Center explains why it is time for peace in the land when it comes to vaccines.
- Washington Post busts ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated’ narrativePresident Biden repeatedly has scolded Americans who choose not to take the experimental mRNA COVID shots under emergency use authorization, charging they are responsible for a “pandemic of the unvaccinated.”
- Fauci defends COVID communications a day before lawsuit deposition by Missouri, Louisiana AGsThe day before Dr. Anthony Fauci will be deposed by two attorneys general in a lawsuit alleging government collusion with social media companies, he defended and promoted his communications strategy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- They love the cover-up: Biden’s HHS wants mask mandates backThose COVID masks may be coming back. Even mask mandates soon could be appearing. That’s according to a new report from Joe Biden’s Department of Health and Human Services.
- WATCH: Dr. Robert Malone discloses in new book ‘things I no longer believe’The coronavirus pandemic has been a revelation to many, not least to Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of the mRNA technology platform used in the Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines he vehemently opposes.
- Even many Dems have had enough of Joe Biden’s COVID ’emergency’Even many Democrats now have had enough of Joe Biden’s COVID “emergency” extensions.
- Border Patrol lifts vaccine mandate for personnelU.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has ended the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for its personnel, according to a memorandum exclusively obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.