Ceremony is a chance to recognize those locally and throughout the state of Washington who were killed in the line of duty
The 2023 Clark County Law Enforcement Memorial Ceremony is being held on May 18, starting at 11 a.m. It will be held in the Commissioners Hearing Room on the 6th floor of the Public Service Center located at 1300 Franklin Street, in Vancouver.
It has been several years since the Clark County ceremony was held, and it is a chance to recognize those locally and throughout the state of Washington who were killed in the line of duty. This ceremony is open to the public and will feature Honor Guard members from local law enforcement agencies.
In 1962, President Kennedy proclaimed May 15th as National Peace Officers Memorial Day and the calendar week in which May 15th falls as National Police Week. Established by a joint resolution of Congress in 1962, National Police Week pays special recognition to those law enforcement officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty for the safety and protection of others.
Information provided by Clark County Sheriff’s Office.
- State basketball Thursday: Camas cruises in quarterfinals, with help from everyoneThe Camas girls basketball team had no problems in the state quarterfinals Thursday, rolling past Tahoma en route to the Class 4A state semifinals.
- Seattle area maximum toll rates to increase 50 percent – a cautionary tale for Portland-area tollingFollowing many months of discussion and mostly negative public input, the Washington State Transportation Commission (WSTC) approved “phase one” of toll rate increases at their January 29 meeting.
- State basketball Thursday: Skyview boys fall in quarterfinalsDemaree Collins scored 31 points Thursday night for the Skyview Storm, but the Davis Pirates got the job done down the stretch for a six-point victory in the Class 4A boys basketball state quarterfinals.
- State basketball Thursday: Clark County small schools lose in quarterfinalsSeton Catholic and Columbia Adventist Academy boys, and Columbia River girls lost Thursday in the elite eight of their respective tournaments.
- Should voters be required to designate their party affiliation on the outside of presidential primary election ballot envelopes?Should voters be required to designate their party affiliation on the outside of presidential primary election ballot envelopes?
- Clark County Sheriff’s Office releases critical incident video of shootingOn Feb. 20, 2024, the Clark County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) was involved in a deputy-involved shooting.
- SWIIRT team releases names of CCSO deputies involved in shootingFive Clark County Sheriff’s Office deputies are currently on critical incident leave after their involvement in a Feb. 20 officer-involved shooting.