‘Little Art Camas’ to be held Feb. 8 & 9
CAMAS — Do you love art and dream of having an art collection? Starting one will be easy at the “Little Art Camas’’ event in Downtown Camas.
“Little Art Camas” is a two-day community exhibition of original small-scale artworks created by local artists. All artists will have created three “little” works of art and these will be showcased at the exhibit on Feb. 8 & 9. Little Art Camas is hosted by the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) and all sales
benefit downtown public art efforts.
Tickets to the event are $5 at the door and good for both Friday and Saturday. Children under 12 are free. Each art piece is priced at $20. Art sizes include 5×5, 5×7 and 8×8. The event will be hosted in the remodeled Fuel Medical Building lobby in Downtown Camas, 314 NE Birch.
“This event celebrates local art and makes original art available to everyone,” says Carrie Schulstad, executive director of the DCA. “We want all artists in our community to have a chance to express their creativity whether they are young or older, emerging or professional. The art will be amazing and the price of $20 per piece makes owning a piece of local art accessible. Our goal is that the event encourages art appreciation and art collecting by all! We like the idea of people, especially young art lovers, being able to start their art collections and come back each year to add to their collection. The artists have voiced so much excitement for this event. I have a feeling we will be blown away at what will be displayed.”
The event on Friday, 5-9 p.m., will have live music, appetizers and wine, prizes and art demos to add to the fun. The event continues on Saturday, noon-5 p.m., with an “Art Refresh” of many new art pieces added to the exhibition. Purchased art will be picked up after the exhibit on Saturday or also on Sunday so that all art can be enjoyed both days. See details in the Event Schedule below.
Fri., Feb. 8, Exhibit Opens
- 5-6 p.m. Art Preview: Preview art and register for your Buyer Number and pick up “Buyer’s Buttons.’’
- 6-9 p.m. Exhibit Browsing and Buying Starts: Buyer’s Buttons are stickers with your Buyer Number on them. Use these to mark your chosen treasures by replacing the Artwork Number sticker with your Buyer Button. That signals other browsers that this work is taken. Return to the registration desk to pay for the number of Buyer Buttons you used.
Sat., Feb. 9, Exhibit Continues with “Art Refresh”
- Noon-5 p.m. Exhibit Browsing and Buying: Many new artworks will be added to the exhibit that were not displayed on Friday.
- 5-6 p.m. Art Pick up (continues on Sunday): Both buyers and artists of unsold works can pick up their artwork during this time.
Sun., Feb. 10
- Noon-2 p.m. Art Pick up continues: Please pick up purchases and/or unsold works by the 2 PM deadline. If unable to make these times, please send a friend.
The DCA is a 501c3 nonprofit that works year round to strengthen and promote Downtown Camas through partnerships, events, beautification and historic preservation projects, public art engagement, economic development, advocacy, and tourism functions. For information on the DCA and other downtown events, visit www.downtowncamas.com. For information on Little Art Camas, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/littleartcamas or https://www.facebook.com/events/963217413872317/