Free training available June 18-28
VANCOUVER — On July 1, the city of Vancouver’s Development Review Division will take the final step of going 100 percent digital when it starts requiring residential (RES) building permits be submitted to the City electronically.
“With the addition of residential building permits, the City of Vancouver has attained a 100 percent paperless permit review process,” said City Development Review Manager Jason Nortz. “This makes the City of Vancouver one of the first jurisdictions in southwest Washington to have a fully electronic plan review process”.”
Electronic submittals reduce the need for physical trips to Vancouver City Hall to drop off or pick up plans or make payments, and reduce the need to print hard copies. Additionally, it gives customers the ability to check the status of their submittal 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Customers can visit www.cityofvancouver.us/ePlans to learn more and get started.
The city is offering free ePlans training courses to its customers June18-28. Each class will cover the basics of how to use the ePlans platform to submit applications, upload plans and documents, respond to correction notices and check the status of a submittal. Classes will be held at Vancouver City Hall, 415 W. Sixth Street in the Aspen Conference Room or at the Hudson Building, 101 E. Sixth Street in the Community Room.
Dates and times available:
- Tue., June 18, 2019 from 2-3:30 p.m. in the Aspen Conference Room, City Hall
- Wed., June 19, 2019 from noon-1:30 p.m. in the Community Room, Hudson Building
- Thu., June 20, 2019 from 10-11:30 a.m. in the Community Room, Hudson Building
- Fri., June 21, 2019 from 9-10:30 a.m. in the Community Room, Hudson Building
- Mon., June 24, 2019 from 9:30-11 a.m. in the Aspen Conference Room, City Hall
- Tue., June 25, 2019 from 3-4:30 p.m. in the Aspen Conference Room, City Hall
- Wed., June 26, 2019 from 5-6:30 p.m. in the Aspen Conference Room, City Hall
- Thu., June 27, 2019 from 12:30-2 p.m. in the Aspen Conference Room, City Hall
- Fri., June 28, 2019 from 10-11:30 a.m. in the Aspen Conference Room, City Hall
To reserve your spot, please send an email to Lisa Eruhow-Hagan at Lisa.Eruhow-Hagan@cityofvancouver.us with the date of the class you wish to attend and the number of people who will attend.
Not able to attend any of the classes? City staff is also available to visit local companies to provide ePlans training to small groups by request. Email Lisa Eruhow-Hagan to set that up (see paragraph above for email address).
Information provided by city of Vancouver.