Washington State Department of Transportation maintenance crews will close the Gee Creek rest areas located on both directions of I-5
RIDGEFIELD – Travelers on Interstate 5 who need to take a break from the road should plan ahead next week.
Beginning Monday (April 19), the Washington State Department of Transportation maintenance crews will close the Gee Creek rest areas located on both directions of I-5 near Battle Ground and the State Route 502 interchange (Exit 11) to perform annual maintenance work.
- The northbound and southbound Gee Creek rest areas will close from 6 a.m. Mon., April 19, until 5 p.m. Fri., April 23.
During the closure, travelers needing to take a break from the road will need to use other facilities. Both rest areas are among the busiest in the state, with more than 1 million annual visitors utilizing both facilities, a figure calculated by the number of toilet flushes.
Hyperlinks within the release:
- Rest Areas: https://wsdot.wa.gov/travel/safety/rest-areas/home
- 1 million annual visitors: https://wsdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=da8a50f800bb476c9073898ebcfdbbe9
- Mobile app: wa.gov/Inform/mobile.htm
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/wsdot_sw