Forum to address Yacolt Mountain and Livingston Quarries EPA Site Reconnaissance Sampling and Analysis Report
VANCOUVER — Clark County invites residents to participate in a facilitated forum for local surface mine operators of the Yacolt Mountain and Livingston Quarries and nearby residents.
A public meeting of the Surface Mining Advisory Forum for Yacolt Mountain will be 6-7:30 p.m., Thu., Dec. 19, in room 680 on the sixth-floor of the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St. This forum is part of a series of meetings regarding quarries in Clark County.
The meeting is open to the public.
The purpose of this facilitated forum is to:
- Review and discuss the EPA Site Reconnaissance Sampling and Analysis Report (available for review on the county website at https://www.clark.wa.gov/community-development/yacolt-mountain-quarry).
- Discuss SMAC communication privacy concerns.
- Propose and develop mutually agreeable solutions to effectively resolve matters related to traffic, noise, trip counts and other operational and environmental concerns and impacts created by mine operations.
- Build and sustain mutual trust and beneficial relationships through robust and timely communications between mine operators, neighbors and local governments.
Attendees will include mining operation representatives, local residents and may include other interested parties and visiting agency representatives. The meeting will be facilitated by Mitch Nickolds, Community Development Director. The forum will be staffed with Clark County employees representing:
- Community Development – Administration and Land Use Review
- Public Works –Transportation
To submit comments or questions prior to the meeting date, send an email to Quarries@clark.wa.gov or mail them to PO Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98660-9810.
Information provided by Clark Co. WA Communications.