Norm Friehauf Clark County Championships were held Saturday night at Union High School
High school wrestling took the spotlight in the region over the weekend with the annual Norm Friehauf Clark County Championships.
The Union Titans took home four individual champions in the boys brackets and claimed another team title. In all, 10 Clark County schools had individual champions.
The Washougal girls showed off their depth to take the team title. The Union girls had three individual champions. Just like the boys competition, 10 schools in the region had at least one Clark County individual champion.
Photographer Heather Tianen took the photos in this post as well as the slideshow to celebrate the event.
Here are the winners:
106: Liam McKee, Hockinson; 113: Brody Davis, Washougal; 120: Malachi Wallway, La Center; 126: Jordin Jimenez, Union; 132: Noah Koyama, Union; 138: Owen Pritchard, Skyview; 145: Tennyson Kurtz, Columbia River; 152: Armando Nicacio, Union; 160: Nathan Wadleigh, Mountain View; 170: JJ Schoenlein, Skyview; 182: Jackson Lougen, Camas; 195: Seth Blick, Prairie; 220: Clayton Maus, Union; 285: Austin Steinbach, Heritage
100: Leah Wallway, La Center; 105: Maritza Sanchez, Hudson’s Bay; 110: Delilah Governor, Hockinson; 115: Uruwa Abe, Ridgefield; 120: Niah Cassidy, Union; 125: Reagan Fallon-Small, Camas; 130: Janessa O’Connell, Union; 135: Kiersten Lees, Washougal; 140: Addie Wundeli, Camas; 145: Kaytlynn Honga, Kelso; 155: Sofia Aragon, Seton Catholic; 170: Aaliyah Young, Prairie; 190: Virginia Thomason, Union; 235: Faith Tarrant, Prairie
- High school football: Defense sets the stage for Mountain View victorySure, there were nine touchdowns scored in Mountain View’s win over Evergreen, but defensive gems, especially early in the game, led the Thunder to a victory in the Class 3A Greater St. Helens League.
- Clark County Today Sports Podcast, Episode 15: A discussion on sideline behavior in regard to Seton Catholic-Stevenson issue; plus a look at rivalry gamesSeton Catholic and Stevenson officials have worked out a “positive resolution” to an issue the schools dealt with last week, plus the Mountain View-Evergreen rivalry is about to play its 50th football game.
- High school football: Milestone meeting between rivals Evergreen and Mountain ViewEvergreen and Mountain View renew their long football rivalry as the Class 3A Greater St. Helens League season begins in Week 5 of the the season.
- Evergreen running back all about sportsmanship and the family feelEvergreen running back James Bethune has had two 100-yard rushing performances this season, and he excels in the classroom.
- Mountain View’s Joseph Burcham all about football IQ, passion, and hustle As Mountain View prepares to take on rival Evergreen this week, the Thunder know that lineman Joseph Burcham will always be there for them.