Vancouver Lightning Arena Soccer Club was founded this year, with the hope of growing the sport in Clark County
Indoor soccer has a semi-professional team in Vancouver, with the Lightning in the middle of their inaugural season in the Western Indoor Soccer League.
The Vancouver Lightning have four home matches remaining on the schedule, including one Saturday Dec. 2 at the Clark County Indoor Sports Center at 16311 NE 15th Street.
The Vancouver Lightning Arena Soccer Club was founded this year with the hope of building club teams for several age groups.
The men’s semi-professional team is looking for its first win as it plays its fourth match of the year. There are nine teams in the league, with franchises from Bellingham to Vancouver. The WISL, which describes itself as fast action and off-the-wall entertainment, was founded in 2014.
The Lightning host South Sound FC at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for 17 and under.
The Vancouver Lightning FC wants to call Clark County home for many seasons to come, build a community from the youth level and up, and provide a pathway for players to get into professional leagues.
To learn more about the Lightning, go to: https://www.vancouverlightning.com/
The Lightning also have home matches Dec. 16, Jan. 20, and Feb. 10.
- State basketball: Ridgefield celebrates its new culture, and will be going to YakimaRidgefield girls, Camas boys score big wins in elimination games, Columbia River girls are still alive, but seasons end for Skyview girls and Seton Catholic girls at state regional basketball games Friday night.
- State basketball: Skyview among four schools celebrating two teamsThere are 10 teams from Clark County still playing in their state basketball tournaments and four schools — Skyview, Camas, Columbia River, and Skyview — are sending their boys and girls teams to this weekend’s opening round games.
- Chat with the Champions: Seven state wrestling champs from Clark CountyThere were seven state champions from Clark County schools at Mat Classic, and we reached out to all seven to see what life is like after winning it all in the Tacoma Dome.
- Clark County Today Sports Podcast, Feb. 22, 2024: A salute to wrestling champions and a look ahead to state basketballWe recorded this episode a few days after one of the biggest days in Clark County high school wrestling history, with seven state champions, including four from Skyview.
- 2024 Columbia River spring Chinook fishing seasons announcedFishery managers from Washington and Oregon on Wednesday approved this year’s recreational spring Chinook salmon fishing season for the Columbia River.