Every game in the 2A GSHL is crucial this season
The Hudson’s Bay Eagles will be trying to do something they have only done once in more than a half century of football.
The Washougal Panthers will be trying to save their season.
That’s the game of the week in the Class 2A Greater St. Helens League.
Scratch that. That’s just the game featuring the first-place Eagles in the 2A GSHL. It seems like every game in the 2A GSHL this season has the potential for the game of the week.
The Eagles are 5-0 overall (and 3-0 in league play) and looking to get to 6-0 for just the second time in program history.
The Panthers are the defending league champions who had incredible expectations this season. Well, they can still reach a lot of their goals, but sit at 1-2 in league play. Yes, two league losses.
Hudson’s Bay will host Washougal at Kiggins Bowl at 7 p.m. Friday night.
Ridgefield, Woodland, and Columbia River, meanwhile, go into Week 6 with 2-1 league records.
In the 3A GSHL, Prairie and Mountain View will face each other with first place on the line. The Thunder have won four in a row and are 1-0 in league play. Prairie is only 1-4 overall, but the one was a league game, so the Falcons are 1-0 in the 3A GSHL.
In the Trico League, undefeated Seton Catholic has a tough challenge against Castle Rock. The Cougars are hoping to get to 6-0 for the first time in program history. They take on La Center in Week 7 in what could be a game of unbeatens. La Center has a non-league game Saturday against Mount Baker.
The 4A GSHL remains in the non-league portion of its schedule. Skyview is undefeated. Camas has one loss overall. Those two teams play each other next week in league play. Battle Ground, meanwhile, is also undefeated going into this week.
- Chat with the Champions: Seven state wrestling champs from Clark CountyThere were seven state champions from Clark County schools at Mat Classic, and we reached out to all seven to see what life is like after winning it all in the Tacoma Dome.
- Clark County Today Sports Podcast, Feb. 22, 2024: A salute to wrestling champions and a look ahead to state basketballWe recorded this episode a few days after one of the biggest days in Clark County high school wrestling history, with seven state champions, including four from Skyview.
- 2024 Columbia River spring Chinook fishing seasons announcedFishery managers from Washington and Oregon on Wednesday approved this year’s recreational spring Chinook salmon fishing season for the Columbia River.
- High school basketball: Camas earns top seed for 4A girls tournamentCamas girls, Columbia River girls, and Seton Catholic boys get top-8 seeds, while seven other Clark County teams made it to state and will play elimination games this week.
- High school sports: A championship night for Skyview wrestling and moreThe Skyview Storm went 4 for 4 in the finals Saturday night, winning four individual state wrestling championships; Clark County had three other champions; and highlights from state swimming and postseason basketball.