Non-league play has all but ended in Clark County high school football as all three Greater St. Helens League divisions engage in league play this Friday.
The kickoff Friday for the GSHL’s 4A division couldn’t be better, as a pair of top 10 meets play with No. 10 Battle Ground visiting No. 2 Camas.
It’s a showdown of 4-0 teams and outstanding quarterbacks in Battle Ground’s Gunner Talkington and Camas’ Jack Colletto. The Papermakers play their first home game in three weeks after heading east the past two Fridays and posting wins at Davis of Yakima and Coeur d’Alene (Id.).
The other 4A league game features Heritage (3-1) at Union (2-2). It is the second game of a McKenzie Stadium doubleheader that follows a 4:30 p.m. GSHL 3A battle between Hudson’s Bay (3-1) and Mountain View (1-3).
The lone Clark County non-league game matches long-time Vancouver rivals Columbia River (3-1) vs. Skyview (2-2) at Kiggins Bowl.
District Stadium in Battle Ground is the site of two 0-4 teams looking for their season’s first win in Evergreen vs. Prairie.
Here is Friday's Week 5 schedule:
- Battle Ground at Camas, 7 p.m., Doc Harris Stadium
- Heritage at Union, 7:30 p.m., McKenzie Stadium
- Columbia River at Skyview, 7 p.m., Kiggins Bowl
- Hockinson at Mark Morris, 7 p.m.
- Ridgefield at Washougal, 7 p.m.
- Hudson’s Bay at Mountain View, 4:30 p.m., McKenzie Stadium
- Fort Vancouver at Kelso, 7 p.m.
- Evergreen at Prairie, 7 p.m., District Stadium
- King’s Way at La Center, 7 p.m.
Here are scores from Week 4 games, played Sept. 23-24:
- Battle Ground 48, Prairie 14
- Camas 49, Coeur d’Alene 30
- Skyview 56, Mountain View 31
- Hudson’s Bay 39, Woodland 24
- Black Hills 59, Evergreen 14
- Fort Vancouver 28, Benson 24
- Redmond 17, Heritage 14
- Tumwater 27, Union 20
- Hockinson 35, Ridgefield 21
- Washougal 24, Mark Morris 10
- Columbia River 28, R.A. Long 14
- La Center 30, Hoquiam 6
- King’s Way Christian 49, Elma 13