A total of $299,800 was raised to support the Community Kitchen in Fruit Valley and Rose Valley Elementary School, with $192,500 specifically earmarked for the Clark County Children’s Justice Center
VANCOUVER — Local real estate brokers, staff, and owners with Windermere Northwest Living supported three local charitable organizations in the Vancouver area during 2022. Through the Windermere Foundation, a total of $299,800 was raised to support the Community Kitchen in Fruit Valley and Rose Valley Elementary School, with $192,500 specifically earmarked for the Clark County Children’s Justice Center (CJC) following Windermere’s 10th annual gala auction in October 2022, which benefited the child advocacy organization.
“Whether through volunteering or monetary donations, our brokers come together year after year to continue Windermere’s longstanding mission of service to the communities in which we live and work. Their dedication to uplifting their neighbors in need is another example of how Windermere brokers step up in their communities,” said Scott Mitchelson, president of Windermere Services Company in Oregon and SW Washington.
Windermere Northwest Living is proud to be a part of the larger Windermere Foundation, serving the Western U.S. since 1989. Along with launching their own fundraising activities and providing personal donations, brokers donate a portion of every commission to the Windermere Foundation for every home bought or sold through Windermere. To date, Windermere has gifted more than $50 million in donations to support programs and organizations that provide services to those in need.
About Windermere Real Estate
Windermere Real Estate is the largest regional real estate company in the Western U.S. with over 300 offices and 7,000 agents in 10 states. Last year, Windermere closed 67,000 home sales for more than $43 billion in dollar volume. The Windermere family has a proud heritage of serving our neighbors via the Windermere Foundation which funds services for low-income and homeless families. Since 1989, the Windermere Foundation has contributed more than $50 million towards improving lives in the communities where we live and work. For more information, visit windermere.com.
- GoFundMe spotlight: Vancouver grandmother in need of medical transport from EuropeA grandmother from Vancouver is in a coma in a hospital in Portugal after suffering a subdural hematoma, and her family is seeking funds to bring her home for extended care and raise awareness about travel insurance.
- BBQ Fest returns to ilani later this weekCooking demonstrations, contests, tastings, live entertainment, and more from celebrity chefs are on the schedule at this week’s ilani BBQ Fest
- Area residents turn out for 2023 Hockinson Fun DaysResidents of the area enjoyed a day of sunshine at the 2023 Hockinson Fun Days, featuring a variety of events including a pancake breakfast, marketplace bazaar, parade, carnival, and live music.
- Ridgefield School District hires new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle SchoolJennifer Johnson, highly experienced educator and interim assistant principal at Columbia River High School, has been hired as the new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle School in the Ridgefield School District, bringing her expertise and leadership to support the district’s learning community.
- Organizers send out Call for Arts prior to inaugural Vancouver Arts and Music FestivalVancouver Arts and Music Festival, presented by the city of Vancouver, Vancouver Symphony, and Columbia Arts Network, is looking for artists to display their work.