Deadline for nominations is Thursday (Dec. 31)
The days are running out to submit a nomination for the Citizen of the Year award in the city of Battle Ground.
For many years, Battle Ground has selected and honored an annual Citizen Of The Year. This tradition recognizes individuals, couples, and groups that have given much and benefited the community. Those who want to nominate someone for Battle Ground Citizen of the Year 2020 have until Thursday (Dec. 31) to do so. Those who know of a person, a couple, or a group that deserves to be nominated, and meets the following criteria, are asked to take a few moments and submit the nomination form available here.
This award will be presented annually to an individual, couple, or group whose volunteerism, dedication, and outstanding service have made a significant contribution to the community of Battle Ground.
1. Nominations may be submitted between December 1st and December 31st, 2020.
2. All nominations for 2020 must be submitted via Google form.
3. Those making the nomination will be responsible for obtaining all requested necessary information concerning the nominee.
4. Nominees for this award should be a person who has been an outstanding volunteer in the Battle Ground community, folks who see the needs of the community and help to fill them. Their contributions may be in a number of different areas i.e., youth, senior, religious, community organizations, possibly including their business and/or profession.
5. The nominee cannot hold public office at the time of nomination.
6. The individual recognized does not have to be a member of the business community.
7. The candidate must live or work in Battle Ground or surrounding communities, and their activities must be mainly centered in or have a positive effect on the local community.
8. The accomplishments to be acknowledged are based on the current year’s community contributions.