A car show and a flyover from vintage aircraft among the activities at the annual event
Heroes Night is ready to roar and take flight Saturday at Pearson Airfield at the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site, with activities scheduled from 3 to 7 p.m.
The free event, which features a car show and a flyover, is a celebration of veterans and first responders.
Heroes Night is hosted by the Community Military Appreciation Committee.
Activities include a car show presented by the Northwest Corvette Association, a blood drive, and live music by the Vancouver Community Concert Band and the One-Eyed Katz blues/R&B band. Various veterans groups and other civic organizations will have information booths. There will also be a flyover of vintage aircraft, and those planes are expected to land at Pearson Airfield, giving folks a chance to see the plans up close.
This is the eighth Heroes Night. Years ago, it was held in east Vancouver. Heroes Night now includes a salute to veterans, active military, firefighters, law enforcement, and healthcare providers.
CMAC is a non-profit patriot organization focusing on the planning of community-wide events such as Memorial Day, Veterans Day, POW/MIA Day, Patriots Day, and “Our Community Salutes” as well as Heroes Night.
- Work from two local artists on display at the Rebecca Anstine GalleryThe art exhibit Colors of Abstraction featuring the photography of Jeff Gracz and the paintings of Gregory Manin is on display at the Rebecca Anstine Gallery through February 2024.
- St John Lutheran Church Longest Night Service set for Dec. 21St. John Lutheran Church in Salmon Creek organizes its 13th annual Longest Night service on Dec. 21, offering a contemplative atmosphere with live music, prayers, and candle lighting to bring comfort and hope to those experiencing grief during the holiday season.
- Greater Vancouver Chamber opens nominations for the 2024 Iris Awards honoring women of achievementThe Greater Vancouver Chamber is accepting nominations for the 2024 Iris Awards, an annual recognition honoring women of achievement in southwest Washington.
- Dr. Cathy Sork Named the 2024 Washington State Elementary Principal of the YearDr. Cathy Sork, principal of Dorothy Fox Elementary, has been honored as the 2024 Washington State Elementary Principal of the Year by the Association of Washington School Principals.
- ‘The Wickhams: Christmas at Pemberley’ at Magenta Theater Dec. 1-17Enjoy a festive twist on Jane Austen’s world with “The Wickhams,” a yuletide sequel to “Pride and Prejudice,” unfolding in the servants’ quarters of Pemberley, presented by Magenta Theater Company in Vancouver, WA from 12/1 to 12/17.