A total of 10 artist booths will be featured in the juried show
The third annual Fern Prairie ART FEST is a two-day event connecting local artists and the community on Saturday and Sunday, July 30-31 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The ART FEST is staged in the peaceful and tranquil setting of Shangri-La Farm, located 1.5 miles north of Lacamas Lake just outside the city limits of Camas. A total of 10 artist booths will be featured in the juried show.
“These fine artists are excited to show and sell their work at ART FEST,” said organizer and local artist Liz Pike.
Pike will be joined by artists Sarah Bang, Bev Birdwell, Cheryl Folkers, Dave Garbot, David Gerton, Suzanne Grover, Charlene Hale, Amy Jan Ernst, Cheryl Mathieson, and Keith Russell. Original work includes paintings in oils, acrylics and watercolor, pastels, mixed media, pottery, fused and enamel glass, jewelry, pen and ink, and copper mixed media.
The public is invited to take in original works of art surrounded by the beautiful gardens at Shangri-La Farm. Attendees will park at rented Grove Field Airport parking lot, 632 NE 267th Avenue, Camas. Guests may either walk the 1/4 mile trail through the woods to Shangri-La Farm or take the free “Sunflower Mobile” shuttle service. The Sunflower Mobile is an art piece all on its own, hand painted by Liz Pike in oils on fiberglass in her signature sunflower motif. The free shuttle will be available to transport attendees from the airport parking lot to Shangri-La Farm on both days, Saturday and Sunday, July 30 and 31 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Liz Pike at 360-281-8720 or email email@example.com.
- 2022 Washougal Studio Arts Tour Holiday Market to be held Nov. 12-13Washougal area artists are opening their studio doors to offer a fascinating and art-filled holiday market for the whole family.
- County Council appoints Ken Lader as county engineerThe Clark County Council this week approved a resolution appointing Ken Lader as the county engineer.
- ESD 112 Board selects Nancy Miller for District 5 seatThe Educational Service District (ESD) 112 Board of Directors has selected Nancy Miller as its newest board member.
- Class of 1993 celebrates the new Mountain View High SchoolMountain View High School Class of 1993 gets an early reunion to tour the new school and experience Friday Night Lights once again at McKenzie Stadium.
- Evergreen High School teacher earns $100,000 prize for school’s skilled trade programBill Culver, a skilled trade teacher at Evergreen High School, was surprised at a ceremony Tuesday morning when he was named a grand prize winner for the Harbor Freight Tools for Schools program, earning his skilled trade program $100,000