A total of 10 artist booths will be featured in the juried show
The third annual Fern Prairie ART FEST is a two-day event connecting local artists and the community on Saturday and Sunday, July 30-31 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The ART FEST is staged in the peaceful and tranquil setting of Shangri-La Farm, located 1.5 miles north of Lacamas Lake just outside the city limits of Camas. A total of 10 artist booths will be featured in the juried show.
“These fine artists are excited to show and sell their work at ART FEST,” said organizer and local artist Liz Pike.
Pike will be joined by artists Sarah Bang, Bev Birdwell, Cheryl Folkers, Dave Garbot, David Gerton, Suzanne Grover, Charlene Hale, Amy Jan Ernst, Cheryl Mathieson, and Keith Russell. Original work includes paintings in oils, acrylics and watercolor, pastels, mixed media, pottery, fused and enamel glass, jewelry, pen and ink, and copper mixed media.
The public is invited to take in original works of art surrounded by the beautiful gardens at Shangri-La Farm. Attendees will park at rented Grove Field Airport parking lot, 632 NE 267th Avenue, Camas. Guests may either walk the 1/4 mile trail through the woods to Shangri-La Farm or take the free “Sunflower Mobile” shuttle service. The Sunflower Mobile is an art piece all on its own, hand painted by Liz Pike in oils on fiberglass in her signature sunflower motif. The free shuttle will be available to transport attendees from the airport parking lot to Shangri-La Farm on both days, Saturday and Sunday, July 30 and 31 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
For more information, contact Liz Pike at 360-281-8720 or email email@example.com.
- GoFundMe spotlight: Vancouver grandmother in need of medical transport from EuropeA grandmother from Vancouver is in a coma in a hospital in Portugal after suffering a subdural hematoma, and her family is seeking funds to bring her home for extended care and raise awareness about travel insurance.
- BBQ Fest returns to ilani later this weekCooking demonstrations, contests, tastings, live entertainment, and more from celebrity chefs are on the schedule at this week’s ilani BBQ Fest
- Area residents turn out for 2023 Hockinson Fun DaysResidents of the area enjoyed a day of sunshine at the 2023 Hockinson Fun Days, featuring a variety of events including a pancake breakfast, marketplace bazaar, parade, carnival, and live music.
- Ridgefield School District hires new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle SchoolJennifer Johnson, highly experienced educator and interim assistant principal at Columbia River High School, has been hired as the new assistant principal at View Ridge Middle School in the Ridgefield School District, bringing her expertise and leadership to support the district’s learning community.
- Organizers send out Call for Arts prior to inaugural Vancouver Arts and Music FestivalVancouver Arts and Music Festival, presented by the city of Vancouver, Vancouver Symphony, and Columbia Arts Network, is looking for artists to display their work.