Honoree to be recognized during virtual philanthropy celebration on June 1
VANCOUVER — The Community Foundation for Southwest Washington is accepting nominations for its 2021 Lifetime of Giving Award. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. on Wed., March 24. More information and an online nomination form are available at cfsww.org/award.
The local grantmaking organization established the award to recognize community members who make significant personal sacrifices throughout their lifetime in order to give more generously to others. Recipients must live in southwest Washington and are chosen for their efforts in the following areas:
• Selfless commitment to the welfare of others
• Commendable volunteerism and financial support benefitting local nonprofits
• Exemplary giving of time and self to individuals, groups or communities
• A record of making significant impacts through all available resources
• Advances a culture of giving by encouraging and inspiring others to get involved
The Community Foundation welcomes all applicants and aims to ensure that honorees reflect the care and compassion of people across the region. This award is part of the Southwest Washington Philanthropy Awards lineup, which is presented during the Community Foundation’s annual celebration. This year, a virtual event is scheduled for Tue., June 1. Tickets go on sale Thu., April 1 and can be purchased at cfsww.org.
In addition to the Lifetime of Giving Award, this year’s Southwest Washington Philanthropy Awards will also present a Philanthropist of the Year Award, which recognizes and celebrates individuals, foundations and corporations who demonstrate outstanding charitable leadership and serve as exemplars of generosity in our community.