Leader Dogs for the Blind’s mission is to empower people who are blind or visually impaired with lifelong skills for safe and independent daily travel
The Camas Lions are sponsoring a puppy named JoJo for Leader Dogs for the Blind. The puppy will undergo training from volunteers for a year, prior to being provided to Leader Dogs for final training and pairing with a client.
Leader Dogs for the Blind’s mission is to empower people who are blind or visually impaired with lifelong skills for safe and independent daily travel.
At Leader Dogs for the Blind they believe that everyone deserves a life of independence and mobility. All of their services are provided free of charge to their clients, including travel in the U.S. and Canada, room and board, equipment and training. This means that no one is excluded from living their most fulfilling life due to lack of funds.
LeaderDogs are 100 percent philanthropically funded by individual donors, Lions clubs, corporate partners and foundations. Simply put, They could not provide over one million days of independence each year without the immense generosity of their supporters.
Their programs are designed to provide Their clients with the tools and training to reintroduce them to a life of confidence, safety and independence. Through their full-range of programs — Guide Dog, Orientation & Mobility and Teen Summer Camp — they meet the mobility needs of their clients at every stage of their lives.
For more information on leader dogs go to http://Leaderdog.org
The Camas Lions have been serving the Camas Community since 1938.
For additional information on the Camas Lions go to: https://e-clubhouse.org/sites/camas
- Battle Ground holds 2022 Holiday Tree Lighting CelebrationBattle Ground residents and others turned out Friday for the lighting of the community tree, the city’s traditional kick-off to the holiday season!
- GoFundMe spotlight: Squirrel Refuge seeking donationsThe Squirrel Refuge in Camas, a non-profit organization, has rehabilitated thousands of squirrels and other small mammals the past dozen years and is hoping to raise money for a new roof and added construction of its facility.
- Washougal residents attend Lighted Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting CeremonyThe city of Washougal kicked off the holiday season with the Lighted Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Thursday evening.
- Battle Ground Citizen of the Year nominations openBattle Ground’s Citizen of the Year Committee is asking the community for nominations for 2022.
- World premiere of ‘Wrestling! The Musical’ set for Heritage High SchoolDerek Garrison, the principal at Heritage High School, wrote a musical about wrestling, and the show debuts this week.