Event will also include a groundbreaking for the Downtown Community Garden
Participants in January’s First Friday activities will put on their sleuth hats and solve a sweet downtown cupcake mystery. Who took them and where did they go? The themed event is “CLUE in Downtown Camas!” on Jan. 7 from 5-8 p.m. and will include the passport activity, prizes, treats, crafts, CLUE movie, art receptions and after hours shopping and dining.
At 4:30 p.m. on this day, there will also be a groundbreaking ceremony for the Community Garden in Downtown Camas. This will take place at the lot on 5th Avenue, one half block east of the Camas Library. On completion, this community garden will offer 35-40 rentable garden plots, a pollinator garden in the repurposed Crown Park boat and many educational opportunities including watering sustainability, food access equity, healthier eating options and land stewardship. This garden is a collaboration of LiveWell Camas in downtown and the city of Camas.
First Friday Activities include:
· Find fun clues in participating merchants to solve the “Case of the Missing Cupcakes” and be entered to win prizes from the merchants.
· Get a FREE CLUE-inspired cupcake from Cake Happy when you solve the mystery
· 5 lucky people throughout the evening will get a “Secret Passage” card to go to various locations to get other treats
· The movie CLUE will show at the Liberty Theatre at 8pm, $6, one night only.
· Dress up as any of the CLUE game suspects (Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet, Mr. Green, Lady Lavender, Mrs. Peacock, Mrs. White, Professor Plum, Dr. Orchid, etc) and get 5 extra tickets to win.
· Kids’ “I Spy Jars” crafts and Lego activities at LiveWell Camas, organized by the Scout Troop 45703, 417 NE Birch
· Shopping and dining specials throughout town
Passport and activity lists can be picked up at the DCA tables at Journey Church, 304 NE 4th, starting at 5 p.m. that night.
“It is fun to come together after the holidays for this First Friday and people love to dress up as the CLUE characters!” says Carrie Schulstad, executive director of the Downtown Camas Association (DCA). “All ages can enjoy the challenge of deciphering the clues and finding out ‘whodunit.’ We love that we get to continue working with Cake Happy for the delicious treat as the reward for solving the mystery! We are also so very excited for the downtown community garden groundbreaking. This will be so beneficial to our community. Join us in the celebration!”
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and bring the community together. For all the information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/cluefirstfriday and www.facebook.com/camasfirstfriday .
Information provided by Downtown Camas Association.