POLL: Do you feel that it’s time to bring back workers who were fired for not being vaccinated for COVID?

In the wake of worker shortages, a Supreme Court ruling and the growing acknowledgment that the shots don't prevent infection, do you feel that it's time to bring back workers who were fired for not being vaccinated for COVID?

2611 votes
Receive comment notifications

Nikki
Nikki
9 months ago

They should never have been fired for making their own health choices. Pay them back pay, Appologize, DO WHATS RIGHT!

Janice
Janice
9 months ago

And sue the hell out of them.

Ellen Johnson
Ellen Johnson
9 months ago

Bring them back with back pay and bonuses!

Paul P.
Paul P.

Yes with back pay

Don Newman
Don Newman
9 months ago

These people should never have been fired for refusing the ill adviced experiment.

Jarrod
Jarrod
9 months ago

Class action for wrongful termination and discrimination!

Jana
Jana
9 months ago

Sue the criminals who have enforced medical tyranny and pay back all the hours these strong patriots lost for standing up for medical freedom!

Alyse
Alyse
9 months ago

Yes, hire them back, they should have never been fired!!

DKMORRIS
DKMORRIS
9 months ago

our governor had no right to do what he has done!! This vax is nothing but an emergency vax but it doesn’t work and it is a damn experiment! Our Governor is proof that the people need to insure that no governor has power like this again.

Born in Washington
Born in Washington
9 months ago

No visitors, no this, no that. Just left oncologist office and nurse told me that they are being told if they have the sniffles to come to work anyway, just wear a mask. Bring back those who have been unjustly crucified for having the intelligence to pass on the demands of being an experiment.

Lauren
Lauren
9 months ago

I was let go after 9 years of working as an executive director at a college in washington state. Blood sweat and tears…..never a reprimand. Didn’t matter.

Last edited 9 months ago by Lauren
Phil
Phil
9 months ago

Also, Take their back pay from the salaries of those who did this or benefited from it and ensure they get every penny of lost wages plus a pain and suffering bonus

Marci
Marci
9 months ago

People who have had it have antibodies, which are 13x more powerful than the vaccine, so yes, hire them back!

Kathleen
Kathleen
9 months ago

Yes, bring them back to work and give them back pay. They should never have had their jobs threatened in the first place.

Mike S.
Mike S.
9 months ago

This question, and the comments that follow, replace science with right wing politics.

Next week, I expect to see a”poll” asking if the Jan 6 treasons were actually “legitimate political discourse.”

pete
pete
Reply to  Mike S.

So, what is the “science” that justified vaccine mandates? (I’m vaxxed and I think most people would benefit from likewise being vaxxed.) The mandates simply punished people who had a variety of legitimate (or sometimes “stupid”) reasons to be wary. The mandates have NEVER made any allowance for those who survived COVID-19 and have anti-bodies that are (apparently) superior to those created by the vaccines (is THAT following science?). The mandates are a reflection of authoritarian tendencies among the “blue” state politicians, but they did not “follow the science” or even “common sense.” (The experience of the less mandated “red” states has been, net, about the same in levels of disease and age-adjusted death rates.)

Initially, there was good reason to take precautions to avoid the virus, as best possible. However, within weeks of the outbreak of the pandemic, it was obvious that older people were more susceptible to the disease and more likely to die. Yet a widespread and general shutdown of all business and social activity was “mandated.” (A recommendation for elderly to “lock down” might have made good sense. Science has shown that the overall lockdowns, etc, have generated many other physical and social problems.)

Masks were “required” (once it was assured that effective PPE supplies were available to the medical community) — even though experience and tests showed that their effectiveness in the general population was limited, especially when considering how inexperienced many were in proper fitting. Instead of the “selfish” viewpoint to wear a mask to protect yourself (e.g. a well-fitted N95 with breathing valve), the bonkers “altruistic” concept of wearing a mask to “protect others” when the science showed that simple cloth masks had virtually no protective effect for either the wearer or “others.” FWIW, when I’m in a public place, I wear a well-fitted N95 mask (even though the moisture, etc. of the non-vented type is annoying). I wear it for MY protection, realizing that being elderly and having “co-morbidities” that COVID would be a serious problem. To see school children and young adults walking around (often alone) wearing a mask is ridiculous.

Fed up Washingtonian
Fed up Washingtonian
Reply to  Mike S.

You have replaced critical thinking with ludicrous politics. If someone chooses to not get vaccinated you automatically say they are right-wing politics? And you link this with a Jan. 6 event? Very shallow and illogical, and most definitely not scientifically-based.

Jim Luce
Jim Luce
9 months ago

Simple rule – vax to protect yourself, coworkers, public, or look for work elsewhere. Employer will decide whether to rehire, or not.

David Knight
David Knight
Reply to  Jim Luce

As long as fascist policies did not influence that, there is a superficial fairness to it. However they were using free money from the Trump administration, liberally handed to governors to incentivize fascism.(government coercion of private business to effect tyranny against citizens)

Born in Washington
Born in Washington
Reply to  David Knight

Arrest Fauci, the water boy for big pharma, bill gates, he is also a sadistic animal torturer

Niko
Niko
Reply to  Jim Luce

Every worker got sick in washington state ferries they were all vaxed. Getting vax protected no one. It’s now proven the vax seen you are more likely to end up sick and in the hospital. Those that didn’t get the vax turns out we’re the Smart Ones not signing up to be a guinea pig only a f****** idiot would put something into the body where they had zero clue what it was. Oh yeah so what’s the vaccine no clue right

Fed up Washingtonian
Fed up Washingtonian
Reply to  Jim Luce

Simple rule is you’re a Nazi!
Are you kidding me….get the jab or no job, still? Every vaxxed person I know has gotten covid and most of them were worse than the unvaxxed. There is no valid foundation for this mandate. Last time I checked, equity means “everyone in a community has access to the same opportunities and outcomes” and “the quality of being fair and impartial”. Or does equity only mean if it fits the narrative?

Stacy Katyryniuk
Stacy Katyryniuk
9 months ago

I personally would not go back to WSDOT after they let me go due to the mandate. There is way to much bureaucracy in this department. I spent 20 years there and it only kept getting worse every year.

Doug
Doug
9 months ago

Seems like this spell has been broken…

Adela
Adela
9 months ago

Absolutely! Workers who were fired for not taking the covid vaccine should definitely be brought back to their respective jobs. They should never have been fired in the first place; as this is an experimental emergency use drug which caused adverse effects and deaths as reflected by the VAERS database. Also, all the ethical doctors who tried to help their patients with ivermectin and sounded the alarm on what they were seeing in the hospitals with the adverse effects of the vaccines and reported it and had their license revoked should all be made whole. All the censorship and suppression of the entanglements of Big Pharma, CDC, NAIC, FDA, mainstream media and government contracts with Big Pharma is nothing short of malfeasance and should be held accountable.

Patricia
Patricia
9 months ago

United Airlines CEO should be fired for the way he treated his employees that were not vaccinated.

Steve
Steve
9 months ago

I was fired by the Wa State Department of Natural Resources. They treated all unvaccinated employees as garbage. 15.5 yr career and unjustly fired. Hillary Franz and Jay Inslee are ruthless.

Caressa Fennell
Caressa Fennell
9 months ago

Please, also include ousted military.

Jessicalovesall@hotmail.com
Jessicalovesall@hotmail.com
9 months ago

I spent 15 years in the medical field. 15 years of education, training, to have my dream career in the medical field. At the start, we were heros. Did’t matter if you worked housekeeping in the hospitals or an ER nurse. We were heros for working double shifts, pushing through and doing what needed to be done. Now, we are nothing. I was forced to either get the “vaccine” or be fired. As much as it saddened me and broke me, I knew I needed to stand my ground and stand up for what I believe in. I was never against a vaccine. I am vaccinated for everything. Measles, Mumps, all of it and so are my kids. Vaccines that have been tested, went through trials and actually have data showing the effectiveness and any possible reactions. So I decided, ya maybe in a few years when the data shows the effectiveness and what the effects are after getting it. But then being forced to get it raised a big red flag.
Yes I have had covid. It was like a super cold. And like any other virus, its different for everyone. This should have never even been pushed. We are so short staffed everywhere because people made a personal choice. Isn’t that what everyone is fighting for?!?!?! My body, my choice?!?! Abortions? My body, my choice. No longer referred to as he/she only they/them. My body, my choice. WTF has happened to people?!?!?! Now I’m doing a job that I absolutely hate, making $4 less an hour, unable to buy groceries for my family all because I made a choice. I still wore a mask at work. Washed my hands constantly. And yet even though it shows that the “vaccine” doesn’t prevent you from getting it or passing it to someone else,I’m still unable to return to work.

Lynn
Lynn
9 months ago

The economy should’ve never been shut down either. New studies show it barely did anything to save lives. And in fact, more lives were lost due to the shut down. Suicides, depression induced drug with overdoses.
I’m sure there’s a large percentage of fired employees that will say kiss my @ss to an offer to return to work. And the others have moved to other States without mandates.

BLS
BLS
9 months ago

As some others have already said here. they should never have been fired in the first place. Give them back their jobs, plus pay them for the hours they lost, apologize and do what’s right/

Fed up Washingtonian
Fed up Washingtonian
9 months ago

Absolutely! Why shouldn’t they get their jobs back? If any vaccinated person can get, and spread covid, the unvaccinated are not a threat to public safety any more than the vaccinated. They were all unjustly fired. Our state is one of the first to preach about equity. How equitable is it when someone cannot access employment because they are not vaccinated?
My husband was fired from his law enforcement job for exercising his religious rights and his employer was unwilling to accommodate him. During the previous 19 months before being fired he was among the few in his agency to actually still be in the field working while everyone else hid in their homes or offices. He never took a single sick day during those 19 months. It is clear he is able to safely do his job therefore the lack of accommodation was just an excuse. In fact, he had 1100 hours of accumulated sick leave when he was fired and they would not even let him cash it out, they just took it away. He is obviously a very healthy, dedicated employee for 19 years and they fire him for his beliefs.
All who were fired for not being vaccinated should be given the option to get their original jobs back, with back-pay and benefits. The emotional and physical stress this has caused is enormous and they should be held accountable.

Angie
Angie
9 months ago

They have the right to say No to an experimental drug. As human beings our lives are special and fragile.