VANCOUVER – From highway construction and roadway preservation to remodeling buildings and utility upgrades, local firms have the opportunity to help deliver public projects that improve their communities.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and the City of Vancouver are teaming up to host the Southwest Washington Contracting Workshop in Vancouver, Tue., Oct. 25, to highlight upcoming projects. The workshop is intended to help build connections between local prime and subprime contractors in the southwest part of the state.
“Creating an inclusive and competitive contracting environment is good for the local economy and it brings added value to each project,” said WSDOT Project Development Manager Casey Liles. “Our goal is to be a good partner with the communities we serve, and this is one more way we can build strong connections.”
As part of its strategic plan, WSDOT emphasizes inclusion. The agency is focused on fostering strong partnerships with disadvantaged business enterprise firms: minority-, women- and veteran-owned businesses as well as other small business firms. Companies that are eligible—but not yet registered—will be able to meet with organizations onsite that can help them through the certification process.
Those who are interested in attending are encouraged to RSVP for planning purposes.
Along with the city of Vancouver, participating partners include:
- The city of Battle Ground
- Clark County Public Works
- Clark Regional Wastewater District
- The Port of Vancouver
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Office of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (OMWBE)
- Southwest Washington Contractors Association
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs (OAME)
Hyperlinks with the release:
- Southwest Washington Contracting Workshop: www.wsdot.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2016/10/11/sw-washington-transportation-contracting-workshop.pdf
- WSDOT DBE: www.wsdot.wa.gov/EqualOpportunity/PoliciesRegs/dbe.htm#DBESS
- Workshop RSVP: www.surveymonkey.com/r/Oct25RSVP