Crews will close Washougal River Road/15thStreet between SR 14 and A Street to begin work on a permanent roundabout at the intersection
Editor’s note: This story was updated Monday at 4:15 p.m. with new information from WSDOT.
WASHOUGAL — Beginning Wed., Aug. 14, travelers who use Washougal River Road/15th Street to access the city of Washougal from State Route 14 will need to use an alternate route during a 10-day closure.
On Wednesday, crews will close Washougal River Road/15thStreet between SR 14 and A Street to begin work on a permanent roundabout at the intersection of SR 14 and Washougal River Road/15th Street.
- Beginning at 10 p.m. Wed., Aug. 14 until 5 a.m. Mon., Aug. 26: All access to Washougal using Washougal River Road/15th Street from SR 14 will be closed.
- Travelers should use an alternate route, during the 10-day closure of Washougal River Road/15th Street between SR 14 and A Street.
- Travel on SR 14 will not be restricted, other than access to Steamboat Landing Park from 15th Street, just south of SR 14, which will remain open to right in/right out turns only, for travels on eastbound SR 14.
- Businesses north of SR 14 will remain open and can be accessed through A Street north of SR 14. Travelers on SR 14 will shift to the south while crews work in the northern half of the intersection.
- During the closure, crews will remove the traffic signals, install drainage, perform earthwork, reconstruct the roadway, pave, pour a new concrete truck apron, and install new pavement markings.
What to expect following construction:
- The traffic lights on SR 14 at Washougal River Road/15th Street will be removed, and traffic will operate in the permanent roundabout configuration.
- Where concrete work is not complete, the roundabout and splitter islands will be clearly marked with temporary striping, channelization, and pavement markers to guide traffic.
Real-time roadway and weather information is available 24/7 via the WSDOT mobile app, by following the Southwest Region Twitter account or by visiting the Southwest Region travel advisory page.
Information provided by Washington State Department of Transportation.