Interested applicants must submit a completed application packet to the City Clerk either on-line or at Ridgefield City Hall
Councilor Don Stose resigned his position on City Council effective January 31, 2022. State law provides that City Council “shall appoint a qualified person to fill the vacant position.” The timeline for filling the Council vacancy is as follows:
• February 25, 2022: Applications due to City Clerk by noon.
• March 16, 2022: Virtual Town Hall Forum will allow the public an opportunity to meet candidates and ask questions.
Questions may be submitted prior to the Town Hall, and during the Town Hall if time permits.
• March 24, 2022: Interview, Appointment, and Swearing In at regular City Council public meeting.
Interested applicants must submit a completed application packet to the City Clerk either on-line or at Ridgefield City Hall, 230 Pioneer Street, Ridgefield, WA 98642 no later than Feb. 25 at noon.
Additional information about the process and how to apply can be found on the City website: https://ridgefieldwa.us/city-council-vacancy-february-2022/. A paper application packet can be picked up from Ridgefield City Hall – call (360) 887-3557 option 0 to request a paper application packet.
Members of the public may provide input and be a part of the Council appointment process by:
• February 11 to March 10: Email suggested questions for the Town Hall Forum to City Clerk, email@example.com
• March 16: Attend and participate in the online Town Hall forum.
• March 24: Attend and observe the Council interview process.
To be considered for the position, candidates must have continuously resided within the Ridgefield city limits for a minimum of one year prior to appointment to the Council; and be a registered voter in the City of Ridgefield. The newly appointed Councilor will be required to run for election in 2023.
Information provided by city of Ridgefield.