RIDGEFIELD — The 39th annual Clark County HomeStreet Bank Parade of Homes, presented by DeWils, officially kicked off at the Carty Road Estates in Ridgefield this morning.
Put on each year by the Building Industry Association of Clark County (BIA), the Parade of Homes is considered “southwest Washington’s finest home show” by many experts in the building industry and community members who tour the homes. This year’s show is being held at Carty Road Estates in Ridgefield, described as a “unique gated community featuring acreage home sites” in this year’s Parade of Homes guide.
The 2016 Parade of Homes continues until Oct. 2, and is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays (Sept. 19 and 20, and Sept. 26 and 27). Regular hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults and free for children younger than the age of 12. The ticket office closes at 6 p.m. every evening, tickets can also be purchased online at https://www.tickettomato.com/event/3745. A coupon for $2 off general admission can be found by going tohttp://clarkcountyparadeofhomes.com/info-and-directions/.
This year’s show features four custom country estates that “showcase the finest craftsmanship on the market today,” according to the BIA. These four homes include Timbercrest by Everest Construction, The Westfall by Quail Homes, The Aerius by Cascade West Development and The Ascension by Cascade West Development.
The 2016 Parade of Homes will include several special days and events, including:
- Half-price Wednesdays — Sept. 21 and 28, sponsored by Berkshire Hathaway and First American Title. Get all of the inspiration at half the price. Enjoy the annual Parade of Homes Show for $6, no coupon required.
- Builder/Realtor Day — Sept. 22, sponsored by Umpqua Bank. Builders and realtors can enjoy the Parade of Homes show for free courtesy of Umpqua Bank. Networking reception will be held from 4-6 p.m. Present business card and photo ID for entry. RSVP by Sept. 19.
- Hero Day — Sept. 24, sponsored by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. The BIA would like to show appreciation for first responders and military personnel who keep communities safe. Any medical, police, fire and inactive military with ID will receive a $3 discount on admission. Anyone with active military ID will receive free admission.
- Family Day — Sept. 25, sponsored by HomeStreet Bank. Bring the whole gang down to this family friendly event. Activities are geared towards the show’s youngest guests from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. No strollers or backpacks are allowed in the homes.
- Color & Design Tour — Sept. 29. Reserve a spot in the guided tour hosted by Parade of Homes interior designers and decorators. Hear first-hand about the inspiration for each project. Pick up tips and trends to style your own home. Each tour group is kept small for a personal experience. Space is limited, reserve a spot today at https://biaclarkcounty.webconnex.com/cdtour.
Parade of Homes attendees are asked to remember that strollers, high-heeled shoes and backpacks are not allowed in the homes. Do not bring food or drinks in the homes. No smoking is allowed anywhere on the premises. Attendees may be asked to remove their shoes, or to put shoe covers on, before entering each home. No pets are allowed on the event grounds.
In order to get to Carty Road Estates from I-5 Northbound, take the Battle Ground Exit (Exit 11) and head east. Turn left on Northeast 10th Avenue, follow 10th Avenue about a mile to Carty Road. Turn left (west) and follow Carty Road about half a mile to the development/ Carty Road Estates is on the left side of the road. Follow the same directions on I-5 Southbound.
Contact the BIA at (360) 694-0933 or email email@example.com. More information on the 2016 Parade of Homes can be found atwww.clarkcountyparadeofhomes.com.
Check back on the ClarkCountyToday.com Facebook page next week for a more in-depth look at each of the four houses featured in this year’s Parade of Homes.