VANCOUVER – Drivers who use Interstate 5 between Vancouver and Ridgefield should plan for possible delays this week.
Washington State Department of Transportation contractor, Granite Construction, will close several ramps for weather dependent pavement repair work.
- Wed., Oct. 26: The northbound I-5 on-and off-ramps to State Route 501 Pioneer Street/Ridgefield will close from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Thu., Oct. 27: The southbound I-5 off- and on- ramps at SR 501 Pioneer Street/Ridgefield will close from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Fri., Oct. 28: The southbound I-5 off- and on- ramps to Northeast 179th Street, the southbound I-5 off- and on-ramps at SR 502/Battle Ground, and the southbound I-5 off- and on- ramps to the Gee Creek Rest Area will close from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The work is part of a 10-mile resurfacing project on I-5 between the Clark County Event Center at the Fairgrounds and the North Fork Lewis River Bridge.
Tools for drivers
WSDOT offers a variety of tools to help drivers plan ahead:
- Get real-time traffic information with the WSDOT mobile app and by following the regional Twitter feed.
Hyperlinks within the release
- I-5 – I-205 to North Fork Lewis River Bridge – Rehabilitate Pavement: www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/i5/i205tonforklewisriverbridgepaving/
- WSDOT mobile app: www.wsdot.wa.gov/Inform/mobile.htm
- WSDOT Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/wsdot_sw