Members will be appointed to a two-year term to help develop and update the 2022-2027 Vancouver Strategic Plan
VANCOUVER — Area residents are invited to help shape the future of Vancouver. Are you someone who cares about the Vancouver community and is interested in helping shape the future of our city? If so, the city of Vancouver invites you to apply for a spot on the Strategic Plan Advisory Committee.
Members will be appointed to a two-year term to help develop and update the 2022-2027 Vancouver Strategic Plan. This document will help guide city decision-making and lay out a roadmap for successfully achieving our community’s long-term goals.
Members of the Strategic Plan Advisory Committee will play an important role in identifying community needs, priorities and hopes for the future. Members will also work with the City Manager’s Office to:
- Support community outreach and listening
- Help improve communication between diverse community members and the City of Vancouver
- Identify and reflect on community needs, concerns and opportunities
- Guide how the strategic plan will collect data and measure progress toward goals
The city of Vancouver is committed to facilitating and amplifying multiple perspectives and experiences from across the city. We invite you to join us in this important effort and encourage all interested community members to apply by Jan. 25 using the link below:
How will applicants be selected?
Applicants will be selected based on their:
- Knowledge, experiences, skills, perspectives and values
- Ability to help the city connect with diverse community voices
- History of formal or informal community involvement
- Willingness to commit to at least one meeting per month between February and June 2022 (meetings are currently being held online, pending changes to local public health protocols)
What type of commitment is expected?
Committee members are asked to spend around 8 hours per month helping develop the strategic plan. This time may include:
- Preparing for and attending monthly committee meetings
- Engaging with community members to gather their ideas and perspectives
- Reviewing surveys, public outreach data and city communications
- Assisting in the development of data measures for the strategic plan
- Other tasks associated with developing a strategic plan that will best serve Vancouver
Once the new strategic plan is in place, committee members are expected to meet 2-4 times per year to review progress and advise on implementation.
If you have questions, if you would like to connect with staff from the City Manager’s Office, or if you would like to apply for the committee via audio or video recording, contact: email@example.com.
Information provided by city of Vancouver.