Donations are still being accepted for the PeaceHealth Southwest COVID-19 Emergency Fund
VANCOUVER — PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center officials want to express their thanks and gratitude to the Clark County community.
“Over the past several weeks since COVID-19 began impacting our region, this community has never wavered in expressing its support to PeaceHealth Southwest health care workers,’’ read a statement from PeaceHealth Tuesday.
To date, hundreds of businesses and individuals have come forward, donating supplies, food and money, resulting in:
- More than $100,000 in food donations from 50-plus individuals, businesses and organizations totaling 72 food deliveries of 20,000 meals, beverages and snacks.
- Hundreds of cards and letters from the community with messages of support still coming in the mail each day.
- Outerwear donated by Columbia Sportswear for our Emergency Department team who, for weeks, moved the ED check-in and triage outside of the physical emergency department into tents as an extra precaution to keep patients and the community safe.
- External signs donated by vendors including a, “Heroes Work Here” sign in the front law and a “Heroes Enter Here” banner hanging above one hospital entrance.
- Numerous campus parades and drive by events including First Responders/VPD, North County Classic Car Club, Air National Guard Flyover, and Patriot Guard Riders.
- 12,542 masks, 4,755 cloth masks, and 16,820 gloves donated.
- $294,000 in cash donations – $149,000 to the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund and $145,000 to the COVID-19 Caregiver Heroes Emergency Fund
“We are beyond grateful for the incredible support of our community. I want to thank everyone for allowing us to do our part in caring for our patients, while you’ve been doing your part by supporting us, wearing masks, social distancing and washing your hands,” said Sean Gregory, PeaceHealth Southwest chief executive.
The impact of COVID-19 has taken a significant toll on our community, including health care systems. If you are interested in supporting PeaceHealth, donations are still being accepted for the PeaceHealth Southwest COVID-19 Emergency Fund, which supports the need for ongoing supplies and equipment involved in combating COVID-19, and the COVID-19 Caregiver Heroes Emergency Fund that supports PeaceHealth caregivers who are experiencing personal financial hardships as a direct result of COVID-19. Every dollar contributed to this fund is matched by PeaceHealth at 100 percent.
“Our caregivers are the strength of our community. During this crisis, they have made significant sacrifices to ensure our health,” said Tom Young, PeaceHealth Southwest Foundation Board president. “This fund will help lessen their burdens while continuing to keep us safe. It’s a powerful way to thank our local heroes.”
Donations can be made at https://www.peacehealth.org/foundation/sw-washington/donate-now.