The awards honor the role people with developmental disabilities have in assisting us to achieve a dynamic, productive workforce and recognize the leadership of the business community
VANCOUVER – Clark County is seeking nominations of businesses and individuals for its annual Clark County Disability Employment Awareness Month Awards. The awards honor the role people with developmental disabilities have in assisting us to achieve a dynamic, productive workforce and recognize the leadership of the business community. The event also celebrates October as National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
Awards will be given for the following categories:
- Large Employer of people with developmental/intellectual disabilities
(50 or more local employees)
- Small Employer of people with developmental/intellectual disabilities
(49 or less local employees)
- Employee with a developmental/intellectual disability
- Dennis Campbell Outstanding Service Award for outstanding service to improving the lives of individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities
- David Hanawalt Service Award for an employment specialist who demonstrates service to their clients above and beyond the client’s expectations, exceeds the contractual expectations, and promotes client success and growth.
Award recipients will be honored at the 21st Annual Disability Employment Awareness Month Celebration which will take place virtually on Wed., Oct. 6, 2021.
The virtual ceremony runs from 4:30 – 6 p.m.
Anyone wishing to nominate and business or individual can download this nomination form. Deadline for submission is noon Mon., Aug. 30, 2021.
For more information or sponsorship opportunities, contact Emily Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 750-9776.
Information provided by Clark Co. WA Communications.