Reporter Paul Valencia and sports administrators Tony Liberatore and Cale Piland talk about high school sports and more
Welcome back to the Clark County Today Sports Podcast.
In this episode we discuss the ramifications of reclassification. The WIAA has announced the numbers, and there are some changes in Southwest Washington. No changes for Clark County 4A and 3A schools, but a change with 3A football. Plus Fort Vancouver with a big change for all of its athletics.
We also talk about the new football coach at Camas High School.
And reporter Paul Valencia has a background on a special story that will be posted on Clark County Today on Friday regarding a local athlete, Ava Smith of Union High School, and the anniversary of the death of Kobe Bryant.
The podcast format is simple. Tony Liberatore of Vancouver Public Schools and Cale Piland of Evergreen Public Schools give their thoughts, along with Clark County Today reporter Paul Valencia. Liberatore and Piland are longtime sports administrators. And Valencia has been a sports reporter in the region for more than 20 years.
We’re always interested in subject ideas for a future podcast. Email us a subject idea.
Send us your thoughts at: email@example.com.
- State basketball Thursday: Camas cruises in quarterfinals, with help from everyoneThe Camas girls basketball team had no problems in the state quarterfinals Thursday, rolling past Tahoma en route to the Class 4A state semifinals.
- State basketball Thursday: Skyview boys fall in quarterfinalsDemaree Collins scored 31 points Thursday night for the Skyview Storm, but the Davis Pirates got the job done down the stretch for a six-point victory in the Class 4A boys basketball state quarterfinals.
- State basketball Thursday: Clark County small schools lose in quarterfinalsSeton Catholic and Columbia Adventist Academy boys, and Columbia River girls lost Thursday in the elite eight of their respective tournaments.
- Like mother, like daughter?Camas standout Addison Harris is attempting to follow in her mother’s footsteps as the Camas Papermakers attempt to win a state basketball championship this week at the Tacoma Dome.
- State basketball Wednesday: Skyview boys advance to quarterfinals; Camas fallsThe Skyview Storm got defensive again, and they won again in the Class 4A boys basketball state tournament, advancing to the quarterfinals, and a few hours later, Camas just missed a trip to the elite eight, falling in the round of 12.