Special food options will be available back to back starting Sept. 4
CAMAS — The restaurant scene in downtown Camas is gearing up for some new events with Fair Food Week starting tomorrow, and The Secret Menu Event on Sept. 15.
Fair food week will run from Sept. 4 through Sept. 11 and stands as a creative place holder since Camas Days and the Clark County Fair could not happen this year. Funnel cakes, mini corn dogs, ice cream, caramel apples, cannolis, cotton candy margaritas, and even smoked BBQ ice cream will be on the menu.
“We’re wanting to bring some fun and unique dining options to downtown and add a little extra zest to late summer,” said Carrie Schulstad, the executive director of the Downtown Camas Association, in a release. “We have amazing restaurants and coffee houses that are working so hard to serve the community during these challenging times. We want to take advantage of the good dining weather and we truly hope people enjoy all the food options and have fun with it.”
The restaurants and businesses participating in Fair Food Week are as follows:
- A Beer At A Time – Giant pizza by the slice and giant pretzels with beer cheese and stone ground mustard
- Adams Street Bar & Grill – Ribs with beans and Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese
- Caffe Piccolo – Nachos (with jalapenos or salsa)
- Cake Happy – Cake in a Jar, ice cream sandwiches, caramel apples
- Cedar Street Bagel Co. – Peach hand pies and organic lemonade made with lemonade-ice cubes (add mango or blackberry as desired!)
- Feast 316 – Smoked BBQ ice cream with corn flake crusted chicken tenderloins
- Grains of Wrath – Cotton Candy Margaritas
- Hidden River Roasters – Cold brew floats, root beer floats
- Liberty Theatre – Popcorn served First Friday and Saturday (Sept. 4 through Sept. 5) from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mesa – Churro fried ice cream with chile infused caramel and Mexican spiced chocolate topping options
- Mill City Brew Werks – Mini corn dogs, funnel cakes, churro-doughnuts
- Natalia’s Cafe – Candied bacon on a stick
- Salud Wine Bar & Italian Restaurant – Mini cannolis, zeppole (filled Italian donuts)
- Squeeze and Grind – Chocolate malt milk and Oreo cookie shakes
- Tommy O’s at the Camas Hotel – two offerings: Kalua pork loaded fries all week and
- Malasadas (Hawaiian donuts similar to elephant ear flavors) on Saturday, Sept. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m
Directly following Fair Food Week, Camas will host The Secret Menu Event. For two weeks, starting on Sept. 15, participating downtown restaurants will offer secret menu items that will be a total surprise until they get to the table.
The secret items can also be ordered for take-out. Below is a list of participating restaurants:
- A Beer at a Time
- Cake Happy
- Feast 316
- Grains of Wrath
- Mill City Brew Werks
- Natalia’s Cafe
- Salud Wine Bar & Italian Restaurant
- Tommy O’s at the Camas Hotel
Information provided by the Downtown Camas Association.