Four new positions will advance the district’s diversity, equity and inclusion work
Vancouver School District officials announced the new additions and changes in administration that will take place in August for the 2020-21 school year. All personnel assignments are subject to final approval by the school board.
Four new positions will advance the district’s diversity, equity and inclusion work. Those positions will include chief equity officer, special services compliance manager, education ombudsman and assistant general counsel. Janell Ephraim, currently principal at Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School, will fill the role of chief equity officer. Ephraim will implement an overarching vision of diversity, equity and inclusion at the administrative level and in district programs.
Other additions and changes announced include:
• Adley Copeland, current principal at Washington Elementary, will be the new principal at Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary.
• Stoney Myers, currently associate principal at McLoughlin Middle School, will be the new principal at Washington Elementary. Sara Tackett, currently associate principal at Ogden Elementary, will be associate principal at McLoughlin. Kelly Mainka, currently a teacher on special assignment in curriculum and instruction, will be the associate principal at Ogden.
• Steve Vance, currently principal at Hough Elementary, is hired as the special services compliance manager. Vance will provide oversight and ensure compliance of Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and Section 504 reporting requirements.
• Jessica Graham, current associate principal at Marshall and Walnut Grove elementary schools will be principal at Hough Elementary. Erick Hoffarth, currently half-time associate principal at Hough Elementary will also be the half-time associate principal at Marshall Elementary.
• Rachel Cason, currently the student success coordinator in the district’s student welfare and attendance office, is the new education ombudsman. Cason will develop and support district-wide efforts to support students, strengthen the family-school relationship and reduce opportunity gaps.
• Matt Greco, currently a technology learning coach, will take the position of director of instructional technology following the departure of Zach Desjarlais from the district.
• Jon Proctor, currently director of analytics in government operations with the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe, will be the director of assessment and performance management.
• Jeremy Tortora, current associate principal at Skyview High School will move to Hudson’s Bay High School as associate principal. Joseph Accuardi-Gilliam, currently associate principal at Hudson’s Bay, will fill an associate principal position at Skyview.
Information provided by Vancouver School District.