Event scheduled for Thu., March 7 at Marshall Community Center
VANCOUVER — The Vancouver Parks and Recreation Department will host a 50-plus Travel Expo Thu., March 7, where local seniors and boomers can learn about fun day trips and overnight excursions happening this spring and summer.
The free 50-plus Travel Expo is from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the Marshall Community Center Oak/Elm rooms, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd., Vancouver. Refreshments and door prizes will be provided.
The expo will highlight dozens of upcoming trips being offered by the City’s 50 and Better Program throughout Washington and Oregon. Staff will be available to answer questions and help attendees sign up for trips.
Trip fees range from $25 per person to $200 or more for overnight trips. Transportation is always included in the fee, along with things like admissions and meals, depending on the trip.
Examples of upcoming 50 and Better trips include:
- Mystery Trip Overnight Trip
- Various trips to special fairs at Oregon and Washington ocean beaches.
- A spring spa day at Carson Hot Springs in Carson, Wash.
- A trip up to Mount St. Helens for the anniversary of the volcano’s eruption
- Several “Adventures in Eating” trips to area restaurants specializing in ethnic foods
- Trips to a variety of local theaters to watch stage plays and musicals
This event was made possible thanks to the support of Home Instead Senior Care and Brookdale Fisher’s Landing.
For more information about the 50 and Better trips program and to view a list of upcoming trips, visit www.cityofvancouver.us/messenger/page/50-plus-travel-program.
Information provided by city of Vancouver.