Scott Gullickson resigned after serving on the school board for 12 years
RIDGEFIELD — Scott Gullickson, School Board Director representing District 5 in the Ridgefield School District, has announced his resignation from the board. Gullickson has served on the school board for 12 years.
Ridgefield School District now begins a search for highly qualified candidates to fill the vacant School Board Director position representing District 5.
Applications are available online at the district’s website by clicking here: Application for Appointment – District 5. Applications are also available at the Superintendent’s Office, Ridgefield Administrative & Civic Center, 510 Pioneer Street in Ridgefield. Applications must be received in the Superintendent’s Office by 4 p.m. on Mon., July 13.
The Ridgefield School District Board of Directors consists of five members. Each director represents one of five geographic districts in which he or she resides.
District 5 boundaries are as follows:
- Starting at the intersection of I-5 and Carty Rd.
- Westerly on Carty Rd to Hillhurst Rd.
- Southeast on Hillhurst Rd to 31st Ave.
- South on 31st Ave to 209th St.
- West on 209th St to 43rd Ave.
- North on 43rd Ave and extension to Flume Crk.
- Northeast on Flume Crk to Lake Rvr.
- North on Lake Rvr to Bachelor Island Slough.
- Northwest through Bachelor Island Slough to school district boundary. Counterclockwise following the school district boundary to the southern crossing of I-5.
- North on I-5 to the point of the beginning.
The district reserves the right to extend the application deadline if necessary to obtain a sufficient number of applications.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the Ridgefield School District. Directors must be a U.S. citizen and resident of the state of Washington; be a resident and qualified voter in the school district; and reside in the director district which he or she represents.
Information provided by Ridgefield Public Schools.