The Community Foundation for Southwest Washington established the award to recognize those who make significant personal sacrifices throughout their lifetime
VANCOUVER — Three weeks remain to submit nominations for the 2020 Lifetime of Giving Award presented by the Community Foundation for Southwest Washington.
The local grantmaking organization established the award to recognize those who make significant personal sacrifices throughout their lifetime in order to give more generously to others. Recipients must live in southwest Washington and are chosen for their efforts in the following areas:
- Selfless commitment to the welfare of others
- Commendable volunteerism and financial support benefitting local nonprofits
- Exemplary giving of time and self to individuals, groups or communities
- A record of making significant impacts through all available resources
- Advances a culture of giving by encouraging and inspiring others to get involved
The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. on March 18. More information and an online nomination form are available at cfsww.org/award.
This year, the Community Foundation opened the nomination process to the public to ensure that the award reflects the care and compassion of people across the entire region. This award is part of its Southwest Washington Philanthropy Awards lineup, which is presented during the Community Foundation’s annual luncheon. This year’s event is scheduled for Tue., June 2 at the Hilton Vancouver. Tickets go on sale Mon., March 23 and can be purchased at cfsww.org.
About the Southwest Washington Philanthropy Awards
The Community Foundation for Southwest Washington has presented its annual Philanthropy Awards for nearly two decades. In addition to the Lifetime of Giving Award, these include the following honors:
- Philanthropist of the Year Award: Recognizes and celebrates individuals, foundations and corporations who demonstrate outstanding charitable leadership and serve as exemplars of generosity in our community.
- Friend of the Foundation Award: Presented to those who provide both professional and personal support to the Community Foundation’s mission of promoting philanthropy in southwest Washington.
- Catalyst Award for Philanthropic Innovation: Recognizes the most highly qualified individuals and organizations for achieving remarkable community improvement through innovative philanthropic approaches.
Information provided by The Community Foundation for Southwest Washington.