Community members are encouraged to bring their unused and expired prescriptions and over-the-counter medications for safe and free disposal
VANCOUVER — Community prevention coalitions and several area partners are holding a drug take back event at five locations in Clark County on Sat., Oct. 26, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Community members are encouraged to bring their unused and expired prescriptions and over-the-counter medications for safe and free disposal to any one of the five event sites below. Prescription and over-the-counter medications including pills, liquids and inhalers will be accepted. Medications may remain in original containers and labels do not need to be removed. Medications not in original containers will also be accepted.
Drug Take Back Event locations:
- PeaceHealth Southwest Urgent Care, 33rd & Main (South Back Lot), Vancouver
- Kaiser Permanente Cascade Park, 12607 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver
- Battle Ground Police Department, 507 SW 1st St., Battle Ground
- Washougal Silver Star Search & Rescue, 1220 A St., Washougal
- Cowlitz Public Safety Department, 31501 NW 31st Ave., Ridgefield (La Center Exit I-5, south of ilani Casino)
Sharps and syringes
Please note that sharps and syringes will only be accepted at Kaiser Permanente Cascade Park and PeaceHealth Southwest Urgent Care.
Medicine take back events in Southwest WA are funded in partnership by Washington State Health Care Authority.
For more information, visit bit.ly/DrugTakeBackEvent or email Kelley Groen-Sieckmann at email@example.com.
Information provided by Educational Service District 112.