Changes have been approved by the Evergreen School Board
VANCOUVER — Evergreen Public Schools recently completed the hiring and assignment of administrators for the 2018-19 school year.
Three schools will have new principals, while a number of schools will have changes to associate principal positions.
- Daniel Orrantia will replace Covington Middle School principal Charbonneau Gourde, who left the district for another position. Orrantia was an associate principal at Heritage High School.
- Leah Torres moves from associate principal to principal at Columbia Valley Elementary, replacing retiring principal James Fernandez.
- John Yelverton moves to principal at Sunset Elementary from associate principal at Fisher’s Landing and Harmony Elementary schools. He replaces Michael Martin who retired from Sunset.
- Kristin White, who has served as interim principal at Cascade Middle School, has been named principal.
A number of changes have been made to associate principal assignments:
- At Evergreen High School, Charles Anthony, current associate principal at Henrietta Lacks Health and BioScience High School, will replace associate principal Reuben Dohrendorf, who moves to the district level as Director of School Services;
- Kate Dewein, currently a teacher at Henrietta Lacks, will move into the associate principal position vacated by Charles Anthony;
- Justin Tanner will move from Dean of Students at Heritage High School to associate principal filling the slot vacated by Daniel Orrantia;
- Erica Pyne will split time as associate principal between Burnt Bridge Creek and Burton elementary schools. She comes to the district from principal at St. John the Apostle in Oregon City;
- Kristie Wall will split time as associate principal between Ellsworth and Riverview elementary schools. She has taught in the district at both Fisher’s Landing and Ellsworth;
- Rose Treacy who joined Hearthwood as an Instructional Coach this year, will share duties as associate principal between Hearthwood and York elementary schools;
- Kiya Masunaga moves from associate principal at Portland Public Schools’ Beverly Cleary K-8 to the same position at Columbia Valley Elementary;
- Nick Hanson will be full-time associate principal at Crestline Elementary instead of half-time;
- Brandy Anderson-Phelps moves from Instructional Coach to associate principal at Fircrest Elementary;
- Kimberleigh Anderson moves from Heritage High School Instructional Coach to the Fisher’s Landing associate principal position;
- Tyler Dewein moves from Instructional Coach at Mountain View High School to associate principal at Harmony;
- Taylor Barnes moves from associate principal at Beacon Hill Elementary in Kelso to the same position at Illahee Elementary;
- Jenna Schofer moves from Illahee teacher-librarian to associate principal at Marrion Elementary;
- Ben Crouse will be full-time associate principal at Mill Plain Elementary instead of half-time;
- Alex Schiewe moves from Instructional Coach at York Elementary to associate principal at Sifton Elementary;
- Zach Dillon moves from Frontier Middle School math teacher to associate principal at Silver Star Elementary; and
- Gail Westbrook will be full-time associate principal at Sunset Elementary School instead of half-time.
The changes have been approved by the Evergreen School Board and take effect on July 1.