Event to be held Fri., July 13 at Marshall Community Center
VANCOUVER — The Vancouver Parks and Recreation Department will host a 50+ Travel Expo Fri., July 13, where local seniors and boomers can learn about fun day trips and overnight excursions happening this fall and winter.
The free 50+ Travel Expo starts at 1 p.m. with a presentation about upcoming trips. The expo will take place at the Marshall Community Center Oak/Elm rooms, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd., Vancouver.
Refreshments will be provided courtesy of West Coast Insurance, and Glenwood Place Senior Living will be giving away coupons for discounted trips.
The expo will highlight dozens of upcoming trips being offered by the City’s 50 and Better Program throughout Washington and Oregon. Staff will be available to answer questions and help attendees sign up for the trips they’re interested in taking.
Trip fees range from $25 per person to $200 or more for overnight trips. Transportation is always included in the fee, along with things like admissions and meals, depending on the trip.
Examples of upcoming 50 and Better trips include:
- A trip to the Salem Art Fair and Festival
- A wine and chocolate-themed trip to Hood River, Ore.
- A boat cruise up the Columbia River Gorge
- A hot air balloon ride over Oregon’s wine country
- An Oktoberfest lunch cruise on Lake Union in Seattle
- Several “Adventures in Eating” trips to area restaurants specializing in ethnic foods
- Trips to various local theaters to watch stage plays and musicals
For more information about the 50 and Better trips program and to view a list of upcoming trips, pick up a Messenger newspaper or visit www.cityofvancouver.us/messenger/page/50-plus-travel-program.