Deadline for submitting nominations is 5 p.m., Tue., Aug. 28
VANCOUVER — The Clark County Developmental Disabilities Advisory Board and Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce are accepting nominations of businesses and individuals for the Disability Employment Awareness Community Awards.
The awards honor the role people with developmental disabilities have in a dynamic, productive workforce and recognize leadership in the business community.
Nominations are sought in the following categories:
- Large employer (50 or more local employees) of people with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Small employer (49 or fewer local employees) of people with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Employee with an intellectual or developmental disability
- Dennis Campbell Outstanding Service Award for extraordinary service to improve the lives of individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- David Hanawalt Service Award for an employment specialist who demonstrates service to their clients above and beyond the client’s expectations, exceeds the contractual expectations, and promotes client success and growth
Nomination forms can be found on the county’s website at www.clark.wa.gov/community-services/developmental-disabilities.
Forms must be mailed to Cheri Osterman, Clark County Developmental Disabilities, PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666. Forms also can be faxed to (360) 397-8220 or emailed to Cheri.Osterman@clark.wa.gov.
Deadline for submitting nominations is 5 p.m., Tue., Aug. 28.
The awards will be presented at the Disability Employment Awareness Event 4-6:30 p.m. Wed., Oct. 3, at the Heathman Lodge, 7801 N.E. Greenwood Drive. October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month.