VANCOUVER — The city of Vancouver will present another summer of free concerts and movies at locations throughout the city from July 5 to Aug. 13.
Riverview Community Bank Six to Sunset Concerts
Thursdays, July 6-Aug. 10, 6-8 p.m.
Esther Short Park, Columbia and West 6th streets
These popular free concerts are presented by Riverview Community Bank, with support from Corwin Beverage Company and Clark Public Utilities. A Pub in the Park is open between 5-8 p.m. Pub proceeds support Leadership Clark County. To reserve a table, call Sharif Burdzik at (360) 571-2254.
- July 6: Curtis Salgado
- July 13: Nu Shooz
- July 20: Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
- July 27: 5 Guys Named Moe
- Aug. 3: Coolade
- Aug. 10: Patrick Lamb
Imagine Homes Realty, LLC Noon Concerts
Wednesdays, July 5-Aug. 9, noon-1 p.m.
Esther Short Park, Columbia Way and West 6th streets
This free concert series features local performers and “Science in the Park” activities for kids provided by the city’s Water Education Resource Center. These concerts are presented by Imagine Homes Realty, LLC, and are supported by the Corwin Beverage Company.
- July 5: Vancouver Pops Orchestra
- July 12: Lincoln’s Beard
- July 19: Castletown
- July 26: Tango Alpha Tango
- Aug. 2: Three Together
- Aug. 9: River Twain
Columbia Tech Center Sunday Sounds Concerts presented by Gaynor’s Automotive
Sundays, July 9-Aug.13 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Columbia Tech Center Park, S.E. Sequoia Circle at S.E. Tech Center Drive
These free evening concerts are back with an extended season this year. They are presented by Gaynor’s Automotive with support by Columbia Tech Center.
- July 9: Hit Machine
- July 16: Norman Sylvester Band
- July 23: Gold Dust
- July 30: Flexor T
- Aug. 6: Quarter Flash
- Aug. 13: Curtis Salgado
Friday Night Movies in the Park
Friday July 7-Aug. 1
Pre-movie activities start at 7 p.m. Movies start at dusk.
Various parks throughout Vancouver
- July 7: “Rogue One: A Star Wars Movie” at Fort Vancouver Historic Site (1501 E. Evergreen Blvd.)
- July 14: “The Secret Life of Pets” at Leroy Haggen Memorial Park (N.E. 9th Street west of 136th Avenue)
- July 21: “Mona” at Marshall Park (1069 E. McLoughlin Blvd.)
- July 28: “Kubo and the Two Strings” at Columbia Tech Center Park (S.E. Sequoia Circle at S.E. Tech Center Drive)
- Aug. 4: “Sing” at Evergreen Park (3500 E. Fourth Plain Blvd.)
- Aug. 1: “Lego Batman Movie” at Fruit Valley Park (3200 Fruit Valley Road)
Food vendors will offer a wide selection of meals, snacks and beverages at all the concerts and movies. Blankets and sand chairs are recommended. Barbeques, smoking and alcohol are prohibited, except in designated areas. No alcohol may be brought in to any of the parks. Dogs on a leash are welcome.
Visit www.cityofvancouver.us/events for more information about all this year’s concerts and movies. Everyone is welcome. If special accommodations are needed, call (360) 487-8630.
Information provided by the city of Vancouver.