People are encouraged to dress up in the theme to add to the festivitie
CAMAS — There will be a new theme this year for the First Friday in June in Downtown Camas. The activity throughout town will be a scavenger hunt where unicorn- and rainbow-themed items will be collected to enter to win prizes.
People are encouraged to dress up in the theme to add to the festivities. Other activities include games and crafts, art shows and receptions, cake decorating contest and auction, photo booth, live music, treats, giveaways and more.
The event, hosted by the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) and downtown merchants, will be held Fri., June 7 from 5-8 p.m. Start at the DCA tables at Journey Church, 304 NE 4th, to pick up your scavenger hunt list and bag for the night.
For the Unicorn & Rainbow Scavenger Hunt, each participating business will have a themed item that people will need to collect to fill out their scavenger hunt sheet. Receive tickets at the DCA table in Journey to be entered to win prizes for what you complete on the list.
Other activities going on around town that evening:
- Get your picture taken with a “unicorn” from 6-7 p.m.
- 10 Years Strong Anniversary Party for Camas Bikes, Naturally Healthy Pet, Navidi’s Olive Oils and Wintzer Acupunture. Music, food, raffles & bike blended drinks at Camas Bike’s parking lot, 403 NE 5th, 4-8 p.m.
- “Rainbows and Unicorns” Cake Baking Contest & Auction – hosted by Friends of Camas Arts at Cake Happy, 340 NE 4th. Vote for your favorite and enter the silent auction to win one. Friends of Camas Arts is a nonprofit that helps fund art activities in the Camas School District. To participate in the contest, register by June 4.
- Unicorn & Rainbow Kids’ Crafts and Games
- Art gallery shows and receptions with refreshments:
- Open Mic Night – In Journey, 304 NE 4th, 6-8 p.m. Sign-ups start at 5:30 p.m. Sing a song, play guitar, do a comedy skit or stand-up routine. Each performer will get 10 minutes to perform. This is a ‘family friendly’ event so kids/youth are welcome to participate. Slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Open Mic Nights will now be a part of every First Friday.
- Dress up with the theme and earn a ticket to win prizes
- After hours shopping and specials; receive a ticket to win for every $10 spent in downtown that night.
“People are excited about this one,” says Carrie Schulstad, director for the DCA. “This will be the first time we’ve done a scavenger hunt for First Friday and it will have extra pizazz because of the unicorn and rainbow theme. We can’t wait to see what people wear to the event. All the activities we have will fit the theme and encourage having fun together in downtown. We even have a “unicorn” you can have your picture taken with from 6-7 p.m. at Journey — our very own DCA Board President Caroline Mercury. It’s going to be a hoot! Congratulations to our 10 Year Strong Birthday businesses as well. It’s a big feat to reach 10 years as a small business — truly something to celebrate.”
First Fridays are family-friendly Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year. For all the information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/downtown-camas-scavenger-hunt-first-friday and www.facebook.com/camasfirstfriday .
Information provided by Downtown Camas Association.