Each participating merchant will have a ‘lucky leprechaun’ in their business
CAMAS — Lucky Leprechauns, Eartha the Clown, a “Green Zone” with family friendly activities, a celebration of the new Camas Love mural, art shows, and the wearing of the green all add to the “Go Green” fun for the March 6 First Friday event. The event runs from 5-8 p.m.
Each participating merchant will have a “lucky leprechaun” in their business, and for every leprechaun you find, you receive a prize ticket to be entered to win “green” prizes. Lucky leprechaun “passports” can be found at the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) tables at Journey Church at 304 NE 4th.
Eartha the Ecological Clown will be on hand from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in downtown and will offer face painting and earth friendly kids activities. Eartha teaches earth awareness, and the importance of saving what we have for future generations.
Explore the “Green Zone” at Journey church and learn how easy it is to make this world a greener place with fun educational kid-friendly activities and giveaways provided by local nonprofits. The nonprofits include Master Gardeners, World Vision, city of Camas Ivy League and Waste Connections. Camas High School “Green Team” will be there offering recycled art activities. Camp Windy Hill and IQ Credit Union will also be on hand with engaging activities for the kids.
Other activities include:
- Hailee Parman will be the featured artist at Papermaker Pride. Hailee is a senior at Camas High School and painted the Camas Love mural on 5th Avenue as part of her senior project. Papermaker Pride will have a Camas Love collection for people to purchase including tees, hoodies, postcards and stickers. First Friday is her 18th birthday and she will be there to meet people and sign shirts, etc. It will be a mini gallery opening for her 417 NE 4th, upstairs.
- Featured art shows and receptions at Camas Gallery, Attic Gallery and Second Story Gallery. In Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, Fresh off the Palette art and the artists will be showcased. In Attic Gallery, the show will feature works by the Hamilton family. Second Story Gallery will be featuring the Art Quilt Group with Black & White Patch Quilting.
- Peace Yourself Together will host a “Meet the Artist” with local artist Christine Neill and her collections of Living Heart Art. 506 NE Everett
- “Green” kids’ crafts at the DCA tables in Journey
- Merchants will have “green lists” in their windows showing all the ways our downtown businesses care for the environment.
- Customers wearing green get extra prize tickets to win downtown prizes.
- Merchants will have special sales, activities, and treats
- For every $10 spent in downtown you get a ticket to enter to win.
“This is always a fun one,” says Carrie Schulstad, executive director for the DCA, about this First Friday event. “Finding the hidden leprechauns is a favorite activity and encourages you to explore the stores we have downtown and all they offer. The Green Zone helps teach families why protecting the environment is important and how to make a difference. So many great kids’ activities. A great way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first Earth Day. It is also wonderful to have the beautiful artwork of Hailee Parman featured — we love the new downtown mural bringing color to 5th Avenue.
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community. For all the information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/go-green-march-first-friday or www.fb.com/camasfirstfriday
Information provided by Downtown Camas Association.