CAMAS — The 12th annual First Friday Camas Poker Tour & Game Night returns to Downtown Camas on Fri., June 2, from 5-8 p.m.
The annual event is sponsored by Camas Antiques and includes the family friendly poker tour and a number of other games throughout town. A ribbon cutting, outdoor live music, featured artists in the downtown Camas art galleries, kids’ crafts and after-hours shopping and dining are also part of the First Friday festivities. This event is hosted by the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) and downtown merchants.
Here’s how the Poker Tour works:
- Collect a “playing card” from each participating merchant.
- Turn in these cards to the dealer at Camas Antiques by 8 p.m. and you will be dealt actual poker cards to match the number of business “playing cards” that you have. The more businesses you visit, the more chances for a great hand.
- Prizes are donated by local businesses and will be awarded to the five highest hands.
Other activities include:
- Ribbon Cutting at 5 p.m. for the new Mill City Brew Werks expansion, 339 NE Cedar. They have expanded their bar and 21-and-over dining space and will now carry locally distilled spirits and cocktails including Moscow Mules on tap. They have added 1,750 square feet of space, 44 more seats including a 16 foot community table, 35 feet more bar space, and USB charging stations near all tables and bar seats. The new area will be open until midnight daily with a small plates menu.
- Live outdoor music and expanded dining area hosted by Mesa, 228 NE 4th, as part of their First Friday summer concert series from June through September.
- Games throughout town and free kids’ crafts in Journey Church, 304 NE 4th, including painting with The Paint Roller Mobile Paint Party.
Art Shows and Receptions at:
- Camas Gallery featuring renowned Native American artist Lillian Pitt.
- Attic Gallery showcasing the art of Arne Westerman in his memory and in his honor. Arne was an accomplished artist with Attic Gallery since 1985 and passed away in April at the age of 90. They will be showing new paintings done in his 90th year.
- Second Story Gallery featuring the show “Come Rain or Come Shine” by award winning landscape photographer Steve McCarthy.
- Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid (1969) shows at the Liberty Theatre at 8:15pm as part of the First Friday theme.
- Get a ticket to win for every $10 spent in downtown.
“This event is a favorite,” says Carrie Schulstad, director of the DCA. “Lots of fun activities and family friendly engagement all through town. Camas Antiques does a great job as the poker dealers each year. We’re excited to have Mesa sponsoring live music and also for the much anticipated opening of the Mill City Brew Werks expansion. So many great things happening in Downtown Camas. We encourage folks to come and enjoy the town and each other and support our locally owned shops, galleries, and restaurants that bring so much to our community every day.”
Poker lists and instructions can be found at the DCA tables at Journey and at participating shops.
First Fridays are family-friendly Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping events coordinated by the DCA each month to bring the community together and to help the town thrive.
For all the information, visit http://downtowncamas.com/events-and-festivals/first-fridays/camas-poker-tour-2/ and www.facebook.com/camasfirstfriday .