- This event has passed.
Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular
July 4 @ 10:00 pm - 10:30 pmFree
VANCOUVER’S FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR 2018
End your Independence Day with a BANG at Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular! Pack a snack and a blanket, come to the Fort, and stake out your spot to watch the biggest fireworks show in the region.
This year is all about a bigger, brighter, BOOM! With the City-wide ban on retail fireworks, Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular will allow the community to enjoy the tradition of Independence Day fireworks safely.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING AT VANCOUVER’S FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR?
Note that there are some changes this year, most notably the show will be the biggest and brightest fireworks display in years!
- Yes, there will be a fireworks show Wednesday, July 4, 2018, at Fort Vancouver National Historic Site.
- The fireworks launch at 10:05pm to a synchronized soundtrack.
- This year’s show will be the largest fireworks display Vancouver has had in decades.
- Free entry. Donations will be accepted from those who want to support next year’s Fireworks Spectacular, with a portion of proceeds going to support the Lower Columbia Veterans Coalition.
- Gates open at 8am, but suggested arrival time is after 6pm. Security checks will be at all entrance gates. The Historic Trust’s Marshall House and Providence Academy, and the National Park Service’s Fort Vancouver, Pearson Air Museum, and Visitor Center will be open that day.
- You can bring in food and drinks (no alcohol) as well as blankets and camping chairs to comfortably enjoy the firework show.
- There is no beer garden at the event this year.
- There are no food vendors at the event this year.
- There is no live entertainment at the event this year. Alpha Media will play a variety of recorded music from their radio stations during the event.
- No alcohol, drugs, personal fireworks, weapons, BBQs, open flames, hammocks, or pets allowed.
- Small canopies and tents are allowed. Do not drive stakes into the ground. All canopies and tents must be taken down by sundown to not block others’ view of the fireworks.
- The fireworks will not be visible from Clark College, the Columbia River, or from Portland.
- Several area roads will be closed beginning 10am. See road closures.
- ADA parking is free onsite along 5th Street for those with a valid ADA permit.
- Downtown Vancouver parking is free for the holiday.
- C-Tran has two free shuttles starting at 6pm, one from Fisher’s Landing Transit Center on SE 164th the other at the 99th Street Transit Center, with return service after the firework show.
- $10 Public Parking available at Providence Academy and the grass lot on 5th St between S Street and U Street.
The Historic Trust is dedicated to preserving the past and inspiring the future. The celebration of our country’s Independence is a community tradition that is infused with pride in country and history. We are excited to see you at Fort Vancouver’s Pearson Airfield and celebrate together as a community!