Winners announced for Remodeled Homes Tour awards
VANCOUVER — BIA President Aaron Marvin recognized a number of BIA members with President’s Awards earlier this month at the Heathman Lodge during the BIA’s final dinner meeting of 2018. These individuals and businesses were recognized for their service to the organization and the building industry this year.
- Builder of the Year –Matthew Clarkson, Soaring Eagle Homes
- Remodeler of the Year – Larry Scherer, Scherer Enterprises
- Volunteer of the Year – Tony Curtis, Current Home Technologies
- Industry Advocates of the Year – Drew Helmes, New Tradition Homes & Ryan Styger, Pacific Lifestyle Homes
- Associate Member of the Year – Michelle Thor, Columbia Credit Union
- Supplier Member of the Year – NW Natural
- Subcontractor Member of the Year – DeWils Industries
The BIA also announced award winners for the Columbia Credit Union Remodeled Homes Tour presented by Contract Furnishings Mart and DeWils. This event took place on October 20 & 21 with eight projects featured across the area, all transformed by members of the Remodelers of Clark County (ROCC) council. Attendees weighed in on their favorite project, favorite kitchen and best overall transformation. This year’s winners are:
- Favorite Project: Strong Construction
- Favorite Kitchen: Bridge City Contracting
- Best Transformation: Strong Construction
Before the honorees were recognized, Greg Lane, Executive Vice President of the Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW), officiated over the installation of the BIA’s officers for 2019.
The 2019 BIA Officers are as follows:
- President – Michael Shanaberger, Romano Capital
- Vice President – Dave Myllymaki, ReNew Creations
- Vice President Secretary – David Millar, Millar Construction
- Vice President Treasurer – Tony Curtis, Current Home Technologies
- Vice President Associate – Mark Kroll, Biggs Insurance
- Immediate Past President – Aaron Marvin CAPS, CGP, CGB, A.C.T. Builders LLC
The Building Industry Association (BIA) of Clark County is a nonprofit trade association representing the interests of all businesses involved with real estate, land development, homebuilding and construction.