The document outlines the district’s goals and planning blueprint
RIDGEFIELD — The Ridgefield School District Board of Directors has approved the newest version of Pursuing Premier, the district’s goals and planning blueprint — a document that provides direction for the district’s pursuit in becoming Washington state’s premier school system.
“Pursuing Premier articulates the district’s goals and serves as our planning blueprint,” said Dr. Nathan McCann, the district’s superintendent. “It is as much a commitment in the value and belief in our kids as it is a blueprint that guides our path for the future.”
First adopted by the school board in the 15-16 school year, Pursuing Premier outlines four focus areas that are critical to the district’s aspirations:
- Quality instruction that ensures research-based instructional practices are implemented in every classroom;
- Educational programs focused on supporting the growth and development of the whole child;
- Learning environments that promote appropriate risk-taking and prepare all students for success in the 21st century;
- Community partnerships that promote collaboration and enhanced communication and provide additional learning experiences for Ridgefield students.
The district will continue to adhere to the following four goals it identified since the document’s inception:
- Goal #1: Achieve high outcomes through quality instruction, personalized learning, and continuous improvement resulting in success for every student;
- Goal #2: Provide safe, inclusive, and supportive environments that nurture the wellbeing of the whole child;
- Goal #3: Provide collaboration and communication opportunities with families, staff, and the community resulting in strong partnerships;
- Goal #4: Close the disparity gaps by ensuring high expectations, removing barriers and providing opportunities for all students.
The major modification in the newly-adopted Pursuing Premier document specifies the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) based on student responses from the Healthy Youth Survey to provide a more precise measurement of outcomes for Goals #2 and #4. It also clarifies the purpose of weekly collaboration time for certificated staff for Goal #3.
“Pursuing Premier outlines the district’s values, goals and direction and is instrumental in helping to establish guardrails,” said Chris Griffith, assistant superintendent. “This ensures continuity across the district while still allowing individual sites the flexibility to address their needs.”
The document, in its entirety, can be found on the school district’s website at http://www.ridgefieldsd.org/pursuing-premier. Click the PDF link at the bottom of the page.
Information provided by Ridgefield School District.